Reviews Categories | Weather Stations | Weatherwise Wireless Weather Station WS1090 Help

Reviews Summary for Weatherwise Wireless Weather Station WS1090
Weatherwise Wireless Weather Station WS1090 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $229.95
Description: The Weatherwise Instruments WS-1090-SOLAR (915MHz) professional touch-screen weather station is designed for easy everyday use and fits right into any home or office. The indoor base unit displays important current weather information from the outdoor sensors. The weather center comes with an easy to set-up outdoor solar sensor suite, which includes mounting brackets and poles. Once assembled this can be positioned in your garden or on your roof for optimum meteorological readings.
Set Includes:
(1) Base Station
(1) Thermo-Hygro sensor & Transmitter
(1) Self emptying rain sensor
(1) Wind-speed sensor
(1) Wind direction sensor
(1) Solar Power outdoor sensor kit with battery backup
(1) Weather-Mast w/ mounting brackets
(1) PC Software w/ USB Cable (Windows 7 compatible)
(1) Instruction manual
(1) Free Bonus - Weather Observers Guidebook
(1) Free Bonus - Access to free value added software and web tools (included in manual)
(1) Free Bonus - WebCast your weather data free on the Internet (included in manual
More info: http://weatherwiseinstruments.com/rain-gauges/ws1090-solar.html

You can write your own review of the Weatherwise Wireless Weather Station WS1090.

N2EIK Rating: 4/5 May 25, 2013 03:05 Send this review to a friend
Works fine  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Works good. I put one up at the home QTH and got it online quickly using Cumulus software. I like the self emptying flow through rain bucket. Connectivity IS a common issue in other review sites. They ARE correct, distance is nowhere near the claims so plan ahead. I posted a review elsewhere and said I get 150 feet, I did but started to have many data dropouts and had to bring it in to 75 feet. 75 feet may seem like a lot until you consider where the console is in relationship to the station AND the PC used to get the data online (if thats your goal)I have my console in the bedroom and a 50 foot usb repeater cable to the data PC in another room. Overall I would give it a 5 but the connectivity issue drops it a notch. Dont get me wrong I DO like it, in fact I purchased another for my work QTH. I highly recommend this as long as you are going to keep the station between 75-50 feet from the console.

K4FLH Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2012 08:25 Send this review to a friend
Great entry level station  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This review is more about the dealer I purchased the station from than the station itself.
After some initial problems, with connectivity between the sensors and main unit were resolved, I am now very happy with the performance of the station.For the money and as an entry level station it would be hard to beat.
I bought this station off of eBay from a seller named discount-gadgets or wholesale-gadgets, both the same folks.
Brian has bent over backwards to help me with the connectivity problem I had. He sent me a new station, which he paid the shipping on, before I sent back the defective station! Then he sent me money to pay for the return of the old station. Again before I returned the defective unit!!! This was a total unexpected pleasent surprise, because in his blurb on the auction site he said any return shippng would be the buyers responsibility! Not many vendors would do that!
Beside all of this I had some questions which he took the time to sit and write me detailed answers, not just a curt short reply.
This vendor showed me that he does care about his customers and his reputation. IMHO Brian is a first class person with tons of integrity.
Thanks to Brian and his staff for the excellent after sales service.