Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | N8BX CNC machined Weighted Tuning Knobs Help

Reviews Summary for N8BX CNC machined Weighted Tuning Knobs
N8BX CNC machined Weighted Tuning Knobs Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $140
Description: Precision CNC machined weighted tuning knob for many radios. This weighted knob is CNC machined from a solid billet of steel and powder coated with a light textured black paint (same paint Harley Davidson uses). Then a CNC Machined Derin Spinner is pressed into a precision ball bearing and fit into the knob. It comes with a stainless steel set screw with a non-marring tip.
More info: http://www.73cnc.com/category_s/43.htm

You can write your own review of the N8BX CNC machined Weighted Tuning Knobs.

K4PI Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2017 07:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Product but are they still in business?  Time owned: more than 12 months
My review follows but can anyone get in touch with the company? I have friends wanting to buy them but can get no response. I have two of the knobs on my K3's and it makes the K3 feel alive. The stock K3 knob just feels limp and dead. The one thing that tops off the install of the CNC73 is putting Ten Tec rubber rings on the knob. They come in colors. It is a tight fit but works great. I have a red on one K3 and looks nice.

AB4D Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2017 17:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently tried one of the CNC Machined VFO knobs offered by 73CNC.com. The addition of the knob on a Yaesu FTDX-3000D, really improved the tactile feel of the VFO. The fit and finish is excellent, and the VFO dimple turned smooth as silk.

The bad news, I first attempted to purchase one new from 73CNC.com, but the website indicated out of stock, and repeated emails to the company were ignored. Luckily, I found someone willing to part with his, because he was selling the radio.

I have no regrets, and enjoy the weighted knob, versus the lighter plasticky feeling knob that is supplied by Yaesu.

KM4D Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2016 08:54 Send this review to a friend
Collins S-Line knobs -Excellent   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Greetings. Recently received 2 of Mikes S-Line knobs which I must say are a work of art and the true measure of precision. Yes, they are a bit pricey but the experience of using the S-Line is greatly enhanced after using this receiver for many years. The feel and smoothness is perfection at it's finest plus 73cnc.com folks are really great to deal with. Like anything else, you get what you pay for. This is one of many products which I have purchased from these guys which include ladder line locks, K3, KX3 and Orion II knobs. Needless to say, I would highly recommend 73cnc.com products. Have fun with Ham radio!

K7ABV Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2015 09:10 Send this review to a friend
great addition  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In my review of the weighted knob, I neglected to mention it was for the Yaesu FTDX-5000...still a good addition to any model I would think..

K7ABV Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2015 08:10 Send this review to a friend
excellent feel  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I waited months before jumping at this product, but once I had it and spent time playing around for just the right "feel" by removing washers, I am now a happy camper...I got a clue from one of the people using one, and he suggested removing the washers for a little better feel, I am fussy I guess, I like a very easy turning the knob, when moving only a few kcs..to spin it really shows how smooth it reacts...pricey yes, I enjoy it very much...their is also a good return policy if you buy and don't like...if your thinking about it, give it a go..you can't go wrong..K7ABV

2E0OPS Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2014 13:26 Send this review to a friend
BIG IMPROVEMENT  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought one for my FTDX5000MP

Well what can i say? such a big difference to the plastic one that comes with the radio it never really felt right, but i am really pleased with this product, a good solid feel for the tuning of the radio now.

in the right section this time LOL

WX3B Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2014 12:28 Send this review to a friend
FTDX-5000 & N8BX VFO, a great combination  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I too was SURPRISED by how much I loved this knob as I jealously spun it on N3KS's FTDX-5000. For those that have had previous experience with weighted VFOs such as the one in the Yaesu FT-1000(d), there is a certain amount of nostalgia and a high quality feel associated with a heavy, well made knob.

You touch that VFO dial many times even in short sessions on the radio, why not have it be a perfect piece of artwork with an A+ fit an finish?? It's is a great product and adds even more class to my FTDX-5000. Many thanks to N8BX!!

We shall see if it helps my contest scores...

Jim WX3B

K7JBQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2014 12:31 Send this review to a friend
Perfect fit for FT-900  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Since many K2 owners upgraded the tuning knob by cannabalizing one from the Yaesu FT-900, I figured the K8BX knob for the K2 would work with my FT-900. Ordered it, got it in 2 days and installed it. Perfect fit and, as all the other reviewers have mentioned, fantastic product, great service.

W3RVN Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2014 18:38 Send this review to a friend
Kudos Fred for the beautiful knob.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After I watched the video and observed Fred's "N8BX" tuning knob spinning so freely, I had to have one.

Go ahead and treat yourself to one, as it will give you many hours of hands on radio. It has completely changed the feel and personality of my K2.

He takes care of his business personally, and it was such a pleasure doing business with him.

Many thanks to Fred, "N8BX", for the great product and customer service.

AA2DK Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2014 11:29 Send this review to a friend
Great Addition  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I know it sounds a little crazy to spend $135 on a VFO knob, but you have to trust all of the reviewers in this thread when we tell you it's well worth the money. Makes my FT-2000 the rig with the VFO feel that I've always wanted. AAA++++++++++