Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Johnson Radio Restoration Services Help

Reviews Summary for Johnson Radio Restoration Services
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Complete restoration both cosmetically and electrically of your Johnson transmitter
More info: http://www.johnsonradioresto.com/

You can write your own review of the Johnson Radio Restoration Services.

N0XM Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2015 15:06 Send this review to a friend
Spectacular work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have an EF Johnson Viking Valiant that has served me well over the years. It started arcing on the higher bands, and the fix eluded me despite being into the radio for many, many hours. Anyway, shipped it to Chuck to repair and as long as he had it, agreed to a full restoration. Unbelievable workmanship on his part and the radio meets or exceeds all specifications, and Chuck's work is gorgeous, both from a technical, as well as as an appearance standpoint. Also, Chuck is an excellent communicator during the restoration process. I couldn't be happier with his skills, services, and completed product.

K4YA Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2012 08:07 Send this review to a friend
WOW!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Chuck Hurley, K1TLI, restores Johnson transmitters to better than their orginal condition. Although he does both electrical and cosmetic restoration to your transmitter, I had him do just a cosmetic restoration to my Johnson Valaint and Ranger II. Chuck returns your gear in a timely fashion and stays in contact with you via email. He is extremely good to work with.

When I received my gear back, I couldn't believe how great these pieces looked. Both face pannels were in terrible condition with deep scratches and faded paint before Chuck did his work. Both radios now look like they should be on display behind a glass display case. The finished products were well beyond my expectations! I have never seen any restoration as good as Chuck's. He has a web site with pictures of his work and a complete description of what he does to each unit. Chuck has done many restorations to Johnson transmitters and is very expericenced, knowledgeable, and helpful. If you want your old Johnson to look really great and work perfectly, use Chuck's services. You won't be sorry!