Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Log4OM by IW3HMH Help

Reviews Summary for Log4OM by IW3HMH
Log4OM by IW3HMH Reviews: 38 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $FREE
Description: Complete logging software. CAT support for local and remote radio. QRZ/HAMQTH lookups. Visual cluster over world map with CW/PHONE filters integrated with HRDLog propagation maps by band. Label print. Voice parrot. Supports EQSL/LOTW/HRDLOG up/download. Fully searchable and exportable log (adif/csv/pdf). Statistics. Basic contest support. Works with local DB or MySQL for multi-op and much more...
More info: http://www.pisto.it

You can write your own review of the Log4OM by IW3HMH.

ON3FZT Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2014 10:02 Send this review to a friend
Super and the best so far  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
many years a die-hard HRD user but since 3 months a very happy Log4OM user.This software is free,better,all-rounder and more user friendly and mutch better for Lotw up/downloads!! Simply The Best!!!

G4DWV Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2014 16:41 Send this review to a friend
Look no further  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It ain't easy coming back to Ham radio after over 25 years. The biggest problem I had was deciding which of the plethora of programs to use.

I came across the YouTube videos of Terry G4POP, one of the Log4OM team and they 'sealed the deal' for me. The program is ideal - much more involved than my last log, that was made from dead trees.

Support is excellent. And this is a big plus for me...they use a proper forum for support and not one of those useless Yahoo groups that somehow seem so popular in the ham fraternity.

There are some things which are counter intuitive - for example, there are two places which are labelled 'QSO information', but they show different things and have different functions. They are not show stoppers by any means and do not detract from top marks.

MM0ZIF Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2014 23:57 Send this review to a friend
Superb   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using various loggers over the years, when HRD became a paid product I thought it wasn't worth the money so started to look for something better, LOG4OM fits the bill perfectly. Works well for contesting, for VHF work (and above) its built in support for multiple online logging programs is superb. If you do a lot of SOTA or IOTA then this is going to please you.

I am even happy that it has no problems running single operator multiple radios without issue!

I wanted a feature added so requested it from IW3HMH and guess what, within days there was an update including it. The forums are full of knowledgeable users. I couldn't recommend this enough

G0JKZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2014 06:57 Send this review to a friend
Best so far. the fastest software out there.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I came from HRD a couple of years ago now. HRD works, don't get me wrong, with good control implementation. Its just not easy to multi station. Log4om uses Mysql so you are able to run multiple stations simultaneously with a single integrated log. Because it uses a standard scalable database it is easy to integrate with any reporting tools you like if you so wish.

I like the ease of use and the fact that it isn't a 'jack of all, master of none'. Its a fast, efficient logbook. it talks to your net based logbooks easily, and integrates with other software but never strays from its path as a logbook without trying to do anything else. It has never crashed and when I have had questions the user forum has been fast in responding and helping me out.

The best part of it all? its free.

K0ZRK Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2014 07:53 Send this review to a friend
The best keeps getting better.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used three good logging programs before this one, and they worked well. I tried this one out of curiosity, and haven't used the others since.

Anything I need it to do is a mouse click away, and it has been written so not many mouse clicks are needed.

I put in a call sign and know immediately if I have worked the station, and if I have worked it on that band.

When I first started using it, I would use it to create a file to export my log entries to qrz.com every month or so, but now the latest version sends each QSO to QRZ, HRDlog, and Clublog as soon as I log them.

The cluster is set up so I can tell by the color if I have worked a country, worked it on that band, and if I have worked that station, without even having to click on it. Countries or stations I need show up in a different color.

It is the best and easiest to use software I have found, including the ones I have paid for.
Thanks to Daniele for offering this software for free. It shows that the "Hams helping Hams" spirit is still alive and well in our hobby. That being said, if you use and like the software, it doesn't hurt to send a small token of appreciation for the great service Daniele has done for us with this great logging program.

GM6TVR Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2014 23:30 Send this review to a friend
Try it.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having used Log-EQF since it first appeared in the early 1990's and then on to Win-EQF until a week ago, I decided to try Log4OM, and I am delighted that I did so.
Nothing against Log-EQF / Win-EQF as they served me well without a hitch for over twenty years, both in the UK and overseas.
But I have to say that I prefer the layout of Log4OM and got used to it very quickly after a couple of help periods from another user, it does have features for every occasion, some of which I will never use, users need never be stuck, constructive help is available from many sources.
I have donated towards the running costs and will continue to do so in the future.
You will not be disappointed!

John www.gm6tvr.net

KF7DS Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2014 17:45 Send this review to a friend
Great logger great interface  Time owned: more than 12 months
Really cannot add much more to what has already been said - I used HRD since late version 5 to version 6.1 and really liked it; but, the logger like much of HRD seems klunky.

Log4OM has a great interface - does not require another "logging" window to be open taking up screen real estate in order to log a qso, and has complete documentation and support forum. It interfaces well with fldigi and Club Log, so it is extendable. Overall a great product. This is the type of Free Software that makes you want to donate to keep it moving forward, which I do every year.

Don KF7DS

WX4F Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2014 07:42 Send this review to a friend
The absolute BEST of the pack - a MUST have!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have been using logging software for over 5 years now, and I have tried almost all of them. I won't try to compare to others or name them, but let me say my key requirements are ease of use, visual look and feel, excellent integration (seamless) for LOTW and cluster comparisons back to my log (for country and band needed for DXCC). Log4OM excels in all these attributes by far over the other top choices, hands down!! I paid around $ 50.00 for the software I was using prior to this, and it's not even in the same league .... and Log4OM is FREE!!! I must be honest and say I would gladly pay that and more for Log4OM, and a donation is certainly coming soon for these folks. I had a small technical issue importing my prior log ADIF file, with countries missing, and the tech support was FAST and thorough. You must try this if you need the features I have listed above. Oh, plus the grey line map with station location plotting, as well as prior QSO instant lookup is icing on the cake!!! And, the user manual is the BEST I have ever seen. You must read it to fully understand everything, but the software is intuitive to get moving even without an initial read. Perfect. I recently started using a dual-monitor set-up with my Flex PowerSDR set-up, and everything works & talks just great. You will need "OmniRig" software (also free) to interface with your rig for comm for tracking freq, band, etc., but it's free too.

WQ4A Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2014 06:24 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: months
I have been using LOG4OM for just a couple of weeks and I have not been disappointed. Awesome software! I found it easy to install and use with my IC-7600. I highly recommend LOG4OM!

W2LJ Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2014 07:03 Send this review to a friend
Really good program  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I give Log4OM a "5" for several reasons.

1) General ease of use. By itself, the program, while being comprehensive is very easy to use. It is intuitive, and it just "makes a lot of sense" to use. Setup is painless and easy. The program itself runs well on one screen, but can be split apart if that's your thing. Log4OM is the type of logging program that makes you say, "If I knew how to write software, this is they type of logging program that I would come up with."

2) Looks good. To those of you more concerned with function than form, this may not be so important. To me it is, however. The program looks good, it is not archaic or UNIX looking.

3) Plenty of bells and whistles. In addition to being a great logging program, you can mate Log4OM to your transceiver (in my case, my KX3). This will allow the program to keep track of what frequency your on, so you don't have to manually enter it. Also, if you decide to use the DX Cluster feature, a click of your mouse will get your transceiver to the desired spot instantaneously.

4) User manual. Sometimes an overlooked feature, but there is a comprehensive user manual located at the Log4OM Website. It can be downloaded and kept for future reference, and it is written very, very well.

5) Support. Also located at the Log4OM Website is a support forum. If you have a question that doesn't seem to be covered in the manual - the Log4OM development team gets back to you in a matter of hours - not days ..... hours. I had a few minor issues that I needed help with. I had posted questions to the forum before going to sleep at night, and by the next morning, answers were waiting for me!

6) eQSL and LOTW linkage which are actually painless! This is the first logging program that I have used that did the job without making me jump through all kinds of hoops. Setup was easy and uploading to both services works great with minimal stress on my part.

7) Continually developing. Daniele and Terry are constantly asking for suggestions. Tweaks are made and bugs (if and when they rear their ugly heads) are addressed and fixed. These guys listen and that is so important!

Log4OM is a labor of love and is offered to the Ham community free of charge. Why anyone wouldn't download and use this program is beyond me.