Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Log4OM by IW3HMH Help

Reviews Summary for Log4OM by IW3HMH
Log4OM by IW3HMH Reviews: 60 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $FREE
Description: Complete logging software. CAT support for local and remote radio. QRZ/HAMQTH lookups. Visual cluster over world map with CW/PHONE filters integrated with HRDLog propagation maps by band. Label print. Voice parrot. Supports EQSL/LOTW/HRDLOG up/download. Fully searchable and exportable log (adif/csv/pdf). Statistics. Basic contest support. Works with local DB or MySQL for multi-op and much more...
More info: http://www.log4om.com

You can write your own review of the Log4OM by IW3HMH.

WC5B Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2015 14:17 Send this review to a friend
Best Free option currently  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently ran the gambit trying many of the free loggers available. Many are cumbersome to configure and not end user friendly. Some offer this that you need, but not that. This logger being free is a real gem. There may be better pay options out there, but for a free option you can't complain much at all. Setup was a breeze and user friendly. Every question I had was well detailed in a well put together manual with many screenshot examples. It was the only free logger that was able to reliably plug and play my backup's and award tracking. I think I would arrange the setup a bit different but I rather have it setup at all then just be a cluster of windows that you can never manually get right. The supercluster is REALLY a nice feature! Helps with those "Who am I hearing?" questions. Intergration with third party digi software is a bit confusing on how it works, but with step by step instructions, it just does. Automatic updating of the major electronic qsl services make things a breeze in that prospective and is on par with paid loggers out there. Only thing I can't seem to find that I would like to see is built in version updater and full intergration of digi software so it can cross check what you have alerady worked and not just add contacts from one client to the other. To be honest, this would be a solid 4 out of 5 if it were a paid logger. Can't go wrong with it.

G4AON Rating: 4/5 Oct 23, 2015 07:05 Send this review to a friend
Nice program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I would give the program a 5, but in reality it's more of a 4.5/5 as there are some issues that need resolving.

Problem areas:
Serial (RS232) Winkey doesn't work. This was raised back in January and is still outstanding.
When not connected to the internet, the Clublog upload status shows "Y" when it clearly can't be uploaded...
Likewise, if you run the program before the internet is connected, the solar data isn't updated upon connection.

Good stuff:
Integration to CW Skimmer, DX Clusters, Clublog (except for the minor issue above) and Fldigi is very easy. The Omnirig radio interface is very good and also easy to set up.
The Fldigi integration is particularly good, entries in the Fldigi log are mirrored in Log4OM, clicking on a cluster spot in Log4OM enters the call into the log in Fldigi, etc. Frequencies are matched between logs and the radio too.

The manual is well written and kept up to date. Support via the user forum is prompt and gives confidence that issues raised will be dealt with. I am sure the minor issues above will soon be resolved.

KW4CQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2015 06:08 Send this review to a friend
New version released. Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The newest revision 1.23.0 has just been released. The new additions are welcomed, although you have to hunt around in order to locate most of them.
The user manual needs to be revised incorporating these additions.

CT1HIX Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2015 05:34 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Simple, effective and free!

EI7IS Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2015 06:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent logging software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have tried many logging programs over the years (including a few custom-built solutions). For the last number of years, I've been using HRD but need to change. I tried a number of free logging programs and Log4OM is by far the best that I've tried. I like the very customisable interface and more importantly, it handles ADIF files perfectly and converted files are error-free. This is an excellent piece of software.

KW4CQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2015 14:29 Send this review to a friend
Try it. You'll like it!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Over the years I have tried just about every logging program out there, including the free ones and the pay for use ones. This one is free and actively supported by the developer. Everything that can be said has been said in these reviews so I won't repeat all that here. If you haven't at least tried this wonderful logging program then you are really missing out on something special. Download and install it today. Import you present log's .adif file. Connect the CAT interface to your favorite radio and PC and it's ...up, up and away!!!

M0RSF Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2015 00:16 Send this review to a friend
Best logging software  Time owned: more than 12 months
Since becoming licenced in 2005 I used HRD which to be fair was an excellent program until recently. When HRD needed a paid subscription I searched logging programs and came across the excellent Log4OM. Installation was easy and the quick start guide is very useful. I had both HRD and Log4OM installed for a while and I even paid a subscription to HRD so I could use the latest version. Unfortunately HRD has changed for the worse so I have uninstalled it and unfortunately that was a waste of $100.

Log4OM is without doubt the best Logging program I have come across and I won't be changing again.

I have two Yaesu FT817ND transceivers, one for 6M,2M & 70cm and the other for HF. Using Omnirig (included in Log4OM installation) I can switch between the two at the click of a mouse. It uploads my logs to hrd.log and clublog. When I enter a QSO, it has qrz lookups to fill in the logbook fields for stations that I work and it integrates flawlessly with FLdigi and WSJT-X. There are many more features to this program which can be found in other reviews or the excellent user manual. There is also a Forum where anyone having trouble can request help and a reply is normally posted within 24 hours.

I did a presentation on Log4OM at Otley A.R.S where I have been a member since 2005 and the membership, some have been licenced a long time and the newly licenced were quite impressed and many are now using Log4OM. This software really is a keeper and I can't recommend it highly enough. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

73 Chris M0RSF

WA2SQQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2015 08:12 Send this review to a friend
Best Logging Software I've Used  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Paying for logging software does not guarantee you the best software. I was a long time HRD user who decided that there had to be an easier logging program. HRD's decision to go subscription pushed me over the edge. LOG4OM gave me everything I wanted, and much more for FREE! Their on line support(forum) is very effective. Setup and migration from HRD took minutes. You've tried the rest - no try the BEST!

AC7CW Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2015 09:30 Send this review to a friend
Got it Right!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a philosophy about computers and software: they should work for me, not the other way around. In this regard I love Log4OM.

I just started up with software logging so I have little in the way of comparison to other software. I tried two popular ones and at the outset didn't like the "look/feel"; "garish" came to mind and they seemed to call for extra effort for backups and whatnot.

I had an awful time with the install of Log4OM due to problems with my laptop. The responses on the forum were timely and to the point. Eventually I sorted things and just reinstalled my OS and the installation of Log4OM went without a hitch.

Setup is easy enough. I, being new to logging software, had to get used to the existing terminology of logging and lookups and LotW and all that but nonetheless, just following the instructions for setup got me past all that and up and running.

Right now the software is free so the price is right.

I've gotta think that this is the best logging software available. It has a good design and no glitchy stuff happening at all. Responses to problems are quick... Works good, looks good == 5 no reservations.

LA9FFA Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2015 15:28 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have looking for the ultimate log program for a many years now. And have bought and tested many log programs, also free loggers in my search for the ultimate program. And guess what I found it. Easy lerning curv, excellent documentation, and a outstanding support forum, and not to forget Terrys great channel on youtube. You can not go wrong with this one. Easy uploads to eQSL,LoTW,and several online loggers sutch as Clulog,HRDNet,HamQTH,QRZ.com and no need for this small annoying extra utillity programs do this. And its going to be even better !! Just test it, and if you ever should run in to trouble, just join the support forum, and you will get help before you know it, Thanks to Lele and the support team for a excellent pice of log oftware. And its FREE my frinds the costs is nothing,nada,gratis.