Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Expedition Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Expedition
Begali Expedition Reviews: 20 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $295
Description: A no-frills high performance paddle, rugged enough to be tossed into the bags of a DX expedition, but equally at home in any shack. Jet black titanium oxide finish, solid silver contacts, racing bearings and micro-threaded adjustments make this key a bargain.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Expedition.

N6MMA Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2017 21:57 Send this review to a friend
An Instrument, not a Tool  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought it, took 12 days to get here. Waiting for a Begali to arrive makes time stand still, in this day and age. Exceptional packaging. When set up with feeler gauge for gap, the amount of motion perceived at the paddles is imperceptible to me. You hint at touching it, and it's sending, there is no lag time. It is built like a fine instrument, the adjustment is so micro fine.

The jack on the paddle requires you pay attention and seat the plug with tip all the way in firmly, do that you get all dit and dahs. It would not be fair to compare a Bencher to this, due to price point. The Turtle finish on my Expedition is fantastic, just be sure to wipe it down with silicon, don't use spray, protect the contacts, spray on a cloth, then wipe silicon on. Failure to maintain like a fine firearm made of steel will result in rust from salty hands or salty air. Get the Professional finish if you do salt air, and tropical or humid activations.

YB2TJV Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2017 03:30 Send this review to a friend
The Best paddle ever  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Owned this for two months ago, this is the best and smoothest keyer I have, less mistake when sending code.. highly recommended
de Dani, YB2TJV

K7JOE Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2017 20:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Paddle for the Money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have used Begali sculpture keys, own two of them. Wanted something to use portable but did not like the explorer as it was too light and jumps around. In comes the expedition. What a fantastic key. Almost the same precision as the sculpture for about half the price. Magnetic resistance, adjustable contact spacing and precision movement.. plus a real heavy base that stays put regardless how hard your fist happens to be. Thank you Pierro and family for making the finest, the best product in ham radio !

N3AAK Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2017 20:32 Send this review to a friend
An Incredible Key  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own several Begali keys in my collection and this is one of the best keys for the money you can buy. I use the Sculpture twin and single paddle keys but working this key is a true pleasure. It performs in the same class as its higher priced brothers and does not move during long QSO's. If you are looking for a professional key that outperforms most if not all other keys on the market, this is the key for you. And Bruna is an exceptionally helpful representative of her father's company. This is a key you just fall in love with the first time you plug it in and start sending CW. Thank you for such a great, affordable profesional key!

DG1UN Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2016 22:54 Send this review to a friend
Wonderfull Paddle. Black. Heavy. Small footprint.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The paddle is heavy black and compact. Performance and quality equal to a Schurr or Scheunemann paddle. High performance for my small desktop.
A wonderfull italian black beauty.

You can't get a better key for the money.

Highly recommended.

VK3MEG Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2016 19:18 Send this review to a friend
agreat key perfect in every way  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
i got my begali expedition 5-6 months ago what a difference i was learning with a crappy chinese key with red paddle and making lots of mistakes i really wanted to learn cw. this is my tool very happy with it its heavy well made and pretty. it has made practicing a joy. not cheap but worth the investment. yes i can send at over 20 wpm comfortably now i have the right tool and i get comment on how nice my cw sounds.
i wont need another key for quite a while.

VE7ETS Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2016 10:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was unable to try a Begali key before purchase, so was crossing my fingers that other reviewers had it right. It's an expensive key, especially in Canadian dollars.

The Expedition is everything they say. Heavy and solid enough not to move with aggressive finger inputs and yet not so heavy that you want to leave it home on Field Day. The contacts can be spaced so incredibly tight that the paddles barely move and there is only the tiniest clicking sound and sensation.

Bruna is usually mentioned in reviews and there's good reason. She treats every customer like a close friend. My key was shipped very promptly and in a manner so as to avoid excessive Customs fees.

The only flaw in the Begali business plan is lack of repeat customers. Unless my key is stolen, I can't see why I'd ever need another one.

OE4HDS Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2016 02:36 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I started learning CW last summer. I bought a Kent Twin Paddle and that did a great job. After some weeks off from my CW training, I restarted at the beginning of this year. I made good progress with my Kent. Then I found the Begali website and decided to get me a Begali Paddle, just for rewarding myself for my CW training. I ordered the Expedition and received it a few days later. I connected it to my PC where I used to use the Kent Paddle with a software keyer, so that I can see what I am sending on the screen. I expected the Begali to be slightly better than the Kent, but I did not expect what happened then. When I touched the paddle for the first time, sending some morse code, I was shocked. That was a huge difference to my previous paddle and even to everything else I tried over the last months. The Begali Expedition is so smooth and accurate and it's not compareable to anything else I tried before. I was so happy with it, that I practiced 3 hours without beeing aware that the time was flying. I usualy practice at 20wpm, but often make mistakes, because of not hitting the dit paddle hard enough. That is no issue any more with the Begali. Now I can send my callsign at 30wpm after just a few minutes of practice. I could not do that with the Kent.
So I can highly recommend this piece of art.
Besides the quality of the product, I want to mention, that the quality of the support of Begali is great too. The contact to Bruna via email is great. So, if you want a great paddle and place a high value at good service, you can't go wrong with Begali.

KG5CGN Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2016 02:10 Send this review to a friend
A Must Have For My Portable Ops!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I do about 98.543% QRP portable operation. HEE I use a Hendricks PFR and an LNR Mountain Topper. Both are extremely light weight and draw minimal current. My power is from light weight LiFePo batteries, again very light weight. I use light weight wire antennas, usually without a tuner (tuner is built into PFR). SO, I say all this to explain that My kit is very portable. The one thing that I have come to compromise on in the weight category is my Begali Expedition paddle. At 2.5 pounds, it is by far the heaviest piece of my kit, but I refuse to compromise on this because it is a superb piece of gear. Extremely responsive, and a down right joy to operate. I absolutely love this paddle. I've used many keys and paddles. Some extremely lightweight and some just simple sets. After using this paddle, I fell in love. It goes with me everywhere. It has become a straight up must have for me when working CW, whether I'm at my base station or portable. It's well worth carying the extra weight when hiking for me. I can honestly say that it is the best investment I ever made in my pursuit of this wonderful hobby. No other paddle even comes close to its class. Seriously... Drop the cash on one, you will not regret it!!!!!!

4X4DK Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2015 04:32 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For my 80th birthday and for being 67 years on the air chasing DX, I decided to buy myself a new paddle Begali Dxpedition. It was a real pleasant surprise to find out what an absolute different feeling, light touch right spacing and perfect keying the Exdedition paddle have. Throughout the years I have used many keys and paddles, last 15 years the Bencher BY-2, but this is something else- GREAT PADDLE.
It was pleasure to deal with the family and thank Bruna for the good service and for bringing the paddle to Dayton to be picked up for me.