Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Outbacker Tri-Split Help

Reviews Summary for Outbacker Tri-Split
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $$339
Description: 6 ft., 300 watts P.E.P. Breaks down into three 2 ft. Sections
for easy storage. 8 Bands. 75-10m. Storage pouch included.
Model #OB8TRI

You can write your own review of the Outbacker Tri-Split.

KO4ZE Rating: 2/5 Jun 12, 2012 07:17 Send this review to a friend
Hope it doesn't break.  Time owned: more than 12 months
The antenna is a fine design and it works well. I used it to make contacts all over the US and the Caribbean from west Kentucky.

The major problem is customer support. I broke the bottom section of the antenna against an overhang. I emailed the North American Distributor in Kentucky who forwarded my message the company. After hearing nothing for a week I asked about it again. Another week went by. I finally received a note from a third person in Washington state telling me that it couldn't be fixed, that they would have to build a new bottom section, that they wouldn't guarantee specs after the repair, and that it would cost $150. I used the $150 to purchase several MFJ HF Stick antennas.
I agree with the reviews posted by WY3X about the service. It is inexcusable to have such poor service for a relatively expensive product. I'd probably have paid the $150 if Outbacker had been more considerate in their customer service. Be warned!