Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Idiom Press Rotor-EZ RotorCard DXA with USB Help

Reviews Summary for Idiom Press Rotor-EZ RotorCard DXA with USB
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Like the RS-232 card but USB
More info: http://www.hamsupply.com/

You can write your own review of the Idiom Press Rotor-EZ RotorCard DXA with USB.

K4QE Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2013 20:11 Send this review to a friend
Works As Specifed, Easy to Install  Time owned: more than 12 months
This product is everything it claims to be. It is also very easy to install, and it does not require any non-reversible modifications to the control box.

I had ordered the unit before the USB option was publicly announced. Rob Locher, W7GH, sent me an email asking if I would prefer the USB version. I, of course, replied "YES!". This was a pleasant surprise.

The unit works flawlessly, and the instruction guide is clear. It was obviously written by someone who has actually installed one!

VE3KKQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2012 14:13 Send this review to a friend
Eee Zee  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well built, clear helpful instructions.

After sorting out unrelated problems with my computer and the Yaesu rotator, installation of comm port driver and card adjustment took 20 min or so.

Communication with the company could be better but if the company is a one man operation, well...you have to set your priorities.

Unrelated problems were not realizing that I should have used the length rotator control cable that I was going to install, alignment went as per directions after I did this. Do not use a short length of 22 gauge wire, not enough loading.

The instructions require you to use a terminal program to access the card to do some voltage adjustments. I used Terra Term 4.71 as suggested by Idiom Press. My problem was from not doing a cold reboot after using Ham Radio Deluxe to access the RotorCard before the voltage adjustment phase, I guess the comm driver was still looking for HRD.