Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Spi-Ro CE-1 Deluxe Center Connector Help

Reviews Summary for Spi-Ro CE-1 Deluxe Center Connector
Spi-Ro CE-1 Deluxe Center Connector Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $9.95
Description: "Center insulator/connector for dipoles or vertical sloper
antennas. Features no-rust brass terminals (no soldering or
jumper wires required), handles 3000 watts+, completely
sealed & weatherproof. Equipped with standard S0-239
receptacle that accepts the standard PL-259 connector.
Stainless steel eye-hook, commercial quality, built to
last." (Mfr.'s description)
More info: http://www.spiromfg.com

You can write your own review of the Spi-Ro CE-1 Deluxe Center Connector.

WN3R Rating: 5/5 Sep 7, 2012 16:37 Send this review to a friend
Wow!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Glad to find that these are still available. Great product. Foolproof and has never failed. It's my favorite center insulator. I add longer brass bolts, washers, and wing nuts for portable antennas. Been using these for a long time (20 years)?
Just used one on a 30m loop just today.

K4CMD Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2012 07:42 Send this review to a friend
Time owned: more than 12 months
I have ordered and used several of these center insulators for dipoles ranging from 6 to 80 meters over the years. I was reminded of how well-made a product this is when I unrolled an 80-meter dipole I keep in storage and pull out every Field Day. I've had this antenna for about 15 years and despite all the pulling, bouncing and stress it takes every Field Day, it has never needed any attention mechanically.

This is one of the most well-thought-out center insulators I've ever seen. The connections are no-brainer easy -- two very substantial brass screw connectors for the elements, and a recessed SO-239 for the coax down below. The drip-proof recess for the PL-259 is a nice added touch. Even the PVC used in construction feels of higher quality than the "standard" slice of PVC tubing you get in most competitors. The eye-hook is stainless steel and installed securely. The whole thing is "aerodynamically" shaped, which is actually a benefit since it provides no flat surface for water, dirt and ice to collect on. (Note the pic in the description.) It's a tad smaller than your average center insulator too. I have never had one of these things fail in any way, and I think Spi-Ro would sell many more of them if more hams knew they existed. I couldn't ask for anything more in a center insulator!