Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX Help

Reviews Summary for Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX
Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX Reviews: 138 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $530
Description: A professionally engineered High-Quality,Heavy Duty, Light
Weight, Plug and Play no tuning necessary SIX amateur radio
bands 20-17-15-12-10-6 meters broadband hexagonal beam wire
antenna.Easy and quick to assembly. Made from high quality
components. Antenna designed by G3TXQ and made by SP7IDX.
More info on his website.
More info: http://sp7idx-hexbeam.eu

You can write your own review of the Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX.

VO1XT Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2017 10:20 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality Hexbeam  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Waldi has designed and produced an excellent product. All components are made of high quality materials. The fit and finish Is superb. Easy to assemble and install.
I have the Hexbeam at 45 feet on a telescopic tower and it is performing exceptionally well. 2 elements on 6 bands with one feedline!! Simple urban solution for ham radio. Time will tell if it will stay in the air with our ice and wind....
As with other comments.... if you don't mind waiting 4 months to get your Hexbeam, order one.....I would buy another without hesitation.

DL2FDJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2017 13:17 Send this review to a friend
Very good beam  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my Hexbeam from Waldi. I ordered the HD version and paid extra for extradited shipping. Two weeks after I ordered, it was shipped to me. The beam was well packed and no missing parts. Building the antenna was easy and fast. Fixing the element arms took most of the time, about one hour. Setting up the antenna took another hour.

The build quality is superb. Not to be compared with MFJ antennas. I have a MFJ 1835H Cobbweb and it is rather flimsy. This hexbeam is solid but very light. I mounted it on a 6m telescopic mast and it worked like a charm.The performance is great. Comparing it to a Cushcraft A3S yagi, it shows at least equal performance but a much better bandwidth. My TL-922
Is waiting to test the power rating but I expect no bad surprises. Thank you Waldi for this great antenna!

DL2FDJ, Hagen

DL3BBR Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2017 04:01 Send this review to a friend
Well designed  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well designed and qualitative high rated product

I got the antenna 3 Month after purchasing. The assembling of the antenna was easy and didn`t take much time.
The contact with Waldi via email was quick. The product is well build and the material is high quality.
The performance of the antenna couldn`t be tested yet because the telscopic tower is still delivered.
When the antenna is up in the air I will give a update of the assessment.

9A3PG Rating: 4/5 Oct 26, 2017 23:36 Send this review to a friend
OK  Time owned: more than 12 months
Excellent antenna with a good price, , very good quality components.
I'm very pleased with this antenna.

OE3OSA Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2017 08:24 Send this review to a friend
Grear performer Hexbeam Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Having used the antenna since June2017 with great success, I'm very happy with it. Performance of the antenna is great, and one can find it often on the bands. Upbeat is Waldi's support. Friendly, competent and fast! I would buy it again if needed.

PG8M Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2017 22:35 Send this review to a friend
Excelent build quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A Hexbeam is about the maximum i can put up in my roof so i ordered one from SP7IDX. Good price and excellent build quality, but had to wait 4 months before it arrived.

For those who find it interesting i mounted the beam not at the top but halfway up the mast. Using a homemade bracket. This works fine and SWR is still low.

R2ADC Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2017 09:27 Send this review to a friend
Excellent plug'n'play antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my update to review I wrote earlier. I installed antenna (I had another hex beam last year and sold it) and worked on it.
Basically this hex-beam is plug'n'play antenna, since it works right away, as soon as you assembled it. Assembly is very easy, all elements of antenna already made, you just have to assemble it for raising up.
It is very well thought through hex-beam.
SWR for all bands are low even on 2 meter height, they move to resonant frequency as you raise antenna. It even works at 2 meters above the ground, I tried to use with 12 watts power)).
SWRs across all bands are ridiculously low)) I do not know why "less than 2:1 SWR" is shown in specs for this antenna, since actual measurement are between 1.1-1.3 in most bands.
Bonus: it is resonant at 2 meter band (144 Mhz) if you want to use it)).

Performance is stellar - I got unsolicited reports for excellent signal with my mediocre 100 watts).

Highly recommend this antenna to anybody thinking to get a hex-beam. It worth waiting, since Waldi makes them to order and I believe he fixed logistics and delivery times for antenna.

K0CCP Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2017 10:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased this beam a year ago to replace a hex that I purchased from a dealer in the US. It was destroyed by both an ice storm and 80 MPH winds here in Kansas. Further investigation into issues with ice, I found that most hex's that are made here in the states should have ice lines which goes from the center of the spans to the top of the pole which gives the spans support in the center of the span where ice usually causes the limb to break. I thought long and hard about every buying another hex, but I wanted a multiple band single antenna that had a reasonable gain and not noisy like a vertical would be. When my beam worked, it worked great, making many contacts 8 to 12,000 miles from my QTH. I decided to take a chance with Waldi's antenna and am glad that I did. It is the best antenna for the price no question. It did take about 4 months to get it, but I ordered it in January and really wouldn't be able to get it installed until May, so the wait was not a big deal.

Construction of the SP7IDX is far and above the junk you can get here in the states. All the limbs are reinforced with an aluminum sleeve where it inserts into the mated limb. This will prevent breaking of the fiberglass limbs when there is ice. The connection pole is bulletproof, made from solid aluminum plate that has been cut on a water lathe. Connections are all stainless and the whole system is very light enough for one person to be able to move it around. Assembly took me about three hours, But I was by myself.

I placed it on a 40 foot aluminum tower with a roter and it operates flawlessly even when the conditions are poor. I always run barefoot: 100w or less. The signal is quiet. The beam is flawless and has survived several storms with winds to 60mph with hail.

For the price, you cannot beat the SP7IDX. If you purchase one in the states, you'll easy spend the same amount of money and you'll get junk compared to this hex.

OE9CBV Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2017 22:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna 5 stars  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was looking for over one year for an antenna. Finally I found the HEXBEAM from SP7IDX.
The contact and support from Waldi is perfekt.
It took nearly 4 month until the antenna arrived. But worth waiting for.
The quality of the antenna is perfect. All the parts fitting perfectly together.
Waldi SP7IDX really has put a lot of effort in the build!
Building up the antenna took only 2 hours. You donít need to change or optimize anything. SWR on all bands is close to 1:1.2
Itís perfect on all bands from 20-6m.
From my side I can recommend the antenna. Itís the best what you can get for this price. The price not cheap but ok.

OE3OSA Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2017 23:59 Send this review to a friend
A great Antenna and great support from Waldi   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the shippment 2 Month after my order. That is totally acceptable for the quality delivered. I managed to break one of the mounting screws on the green mounting devices. Waldi was sending 2 screws and also 1 of the green clamps free of charge within 4 days! Thats Ham Spirit and professional support. Putting the Antenna on the rotor was a bit tricky, but we managed it. First QSOs are done and the performance of the Antenna is very promissing. My recomendation would be to assemble only 4 green brackets on the center plate, leaving the 2 ones next to the allenscrew for the Centerpost free, than installing the centerpost, having free access to tighten the big allen to fix the centerpost.
Next mount the remaining 2 green brackets. Thats much easier. I broke the srew trying to reopen the green ones. The manual should be revied anyhow. So at the end of the day all went well, performance is good. I would buy the Hexbeam from SP7IDX, Waldi again! vy 73 de OE3OSA, Otto