Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX Help

Reviews Summary for Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX
Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX Reviews: 140 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $530
Description: A professionally engineered High-Quality,Heavy Duty, Light
Weight, Plug and Play no tuning necessary SIX amateur radio
bands 20-17-15-12-10-6 meters broadband hexagonal beam wire
antenna.Easy and quick to assembly. Made from high quality
components. Antenna designed by G3TXQ and made by SP7IDX.
More info on his website.
More info: http://sp7idx-hexbeam.eu

You can write your own review of the Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX.

PA0M Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2018 10:57 Send this review to a friend
good choice, roubust beam  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
In my urban enviroment this was a good choice. DX results are perfect even in poor conditions, The product is robust, easy to assemble, even on your own. Neighbours find it a funny looking thing. I painted the spreaders grey so you can hardly see it (see streetview). No adjustment required, every band was far below 1:1,2. Also no worries during a storm, it is not wind direction sensitive and can turn on a small rotor. The tree allow only 3m50 radius and this was the best there fits, great choice.

9A6RT Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2018 07:23 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have this antenna more than 3 years, and It has survived all wind strikes (more than 180km/h). Finally 18MHz element broke. Since it is not the top one, not under any stress, and there was dead seagull on the roof, I can only assume what happened. Wrote mail to Waldi for new element, and got reply in a 30 minute time. Otherwise, antenna behavior is superb. Low SWR on all bands, quite good directivity (2 elements only). Survived all storms and winds, very robust construction. Only what I can say is go ahead Waldi with this high quality product and excellent support.
9A6RT, Alan

VO1XT Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2017 10:20 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality Hexbeam  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Waldi has designed and produced an excellent product. All components are made of high quality materials. The fit and finish Is superb. Easy to assemble and install.
I have the Hexbeam at 45 feet on a telescopic tower and it is performing exceptionally well. 2 elements on 6 bands with one feedline!! Simple urban solution for ham radio. Time will tell if it will stay in the air with our ice and wind....
As with other comments.... if you don't mind waiting 4 months to get your Hexbeam, order one.....I would buy another without hesitation.

DL2FDJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2017 13:17 Send this review to a friend
Very good beam  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my Hexbeam from Waldi. I ordered the HD version and paid extra for extradited shipping. Two weeks after I ordered, it was shipped to me. The beam was well packed and no missing parts. Building the antenna was easy and fast. Fixing the element arms took most of the time, about one hour. Setting up the antenna took another hour.

The build quality is superb. Not to be compared with MFJ antennas. I have a MFJ 1835H Cobbweb and it is rather flimsy. This hexbeam is solid but very light. I mounted it on a 6m telescopic mast and it worked like a charm.The performance is great. Comparing it to a Cushcraft A3S yagi, it shows at least equal performance but a much better bandwidth. My TL-922
Is waiting to test the power rating but I expect no bad surprises. Thank you Waldi for this great antenna!

DL2FDJ, Hagen

DL3BBR Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2017 04:01 Send this review to a friend
Well designed  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well designed and qualitative high rated product

I got the antenna 3 Month after purchasing. The assembling of the antenna was easy and didn`t take much time.
The contact with Waldi via email was quick. The product is well build and the material is high quality.
The performance of the antenna couldn`t be tested yet because the telscopic tower is still delivered.
When the antenna is up in the air I will give a update of the assessment.

9A3PG Rating: 4/5 Oct 26, 2017 23:36 Send this review to a friend
OK  Time owned: more than 12 months
Excellent antenna with a good price, , very good quality components.
I'm very pleased with this antenna.

OE3OSA Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2017 08:24 Send this review to a friend
Grear performer Hexbeam Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Having used the antenna since June2017 with great success, I'm very happy with it. Performance of the antenna is great, and one can find it often on the bands. Upbeat is Waldi's support. Friendly, competent and fast! I would buy it again if needed.

PG8M Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2017 22:35 Send this review to a friend
Excelent build quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A Hexbeam is about the maximum i can put up in my roof so i ordered one from SP7IDX. Good price and excellent build quality, but had to wait 4 months before it arrived.

For those who find it interesting i mounted the beam not at the top but halfway up the mast. Using a homemade bracket. This works fine and SWR is still low.

R2ADC Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2017 09:27 Send this review to a friend
Excellent plug'n'play antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my update to review I wrote earlier. I installed antenna (I had another hex beam last year and sold it) and worked on it.
Basically this hex-beam is plug'n'play antenna, since it works right away, as soon as you assembled it. Assembly is very easy, all elements of antenna already made, you just have to assemble it for raising up.
It is very well thought through hex-beam.
SWR for all bands are low even on 2 meter height, they move to resonant frequency as you raise antenna. It even works at 2 meters above the ground, I tried to use with 12 watts power)).
SWRs across all bands are ridiculously low)) I do not know why "less than 2:1 SWR" is shown in specs for this antenna, since actual measurement are between 1.1-1.3 in most bands.
Bonus: it is resonant at 2 meter band (144 Mhz) if you want to use it)).

Performance is stellar - I got unsolicited reports for excellent signal with my mediocre 100 watts).

Highly recommend this antenna to anybody thinking to get a hex-beam. It worth waiting, since Waldi makes them to order and I believe he fixed logistics and delivery times for antenna.

K0CCP Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2017 10:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased this beam a year ago to replace a hex that I purchased from a dealer in the US. It was destroyed by both an ice storm and 80 MPH winds here in Kansas. Further investigation into issues with ice, I found that most hex's that are made here in the states should have ice lines which goes from the center of the spans to the top of the pole which gives the spans support in the center of the span where ice usually causes the limb to break. I thought long and hard about every buying another hex, but I wanted a multiple band single antenna that had a reasonable gain and not noisy like a vertical would be. When my beam worked, it worked great, making many contacts 8 to 12,000 miles from my QTH. I decided to take a chance with Waldi's antenna and am glad that I did. It is the best antenna for the price no question. It did take about 4 months to get it, but I ordered it in January and really wouldn't be able to get it installed until May, so the wait was not a big deal.

Construction of the SP7IDX is far and above the junk you can get here in the states. All the limbs are reinforced with an aluminum sleeve where it inserts into the mated limb. This will prevent breaking of the fiberglass limbs when there is ice. The connection pole is bulletproof, made from solid aluminum plate that has been cut on a water lathe. Connections are all stainless and the whole system is very light enough for one person to be able to move it around. Assembly took me about three hours, But I was by myself.

I placed it on a 40 foot aluminum tower with a roter and it operates flawlessly even when the conditions are poor. I always run barefoot: 100w or less. The signal is quiet. The beam is flawless and has survived several storms with winds to 60mph with hail.

For the price, you cannot beat the SP7IDX. If you purchase one in the states, you'll easy spend the same amount of money and you'll get junk compared to this hex.