Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX Help

Reviews Summary for Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX
Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX Reviews: 133 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $530
Description: A professionally engineered High-Quality,Heavy Duty, Light
Weight, Plug and Play no tuning necessary SIX amateur radio
bands 20-17-15-12-10-6 meters broadband hexagonal beam wire
antenna.Easy and quick to assembly. Made from high quality
components. Antenna designed by G3TXQ and made by SP7IDX.
More info on his website.
More info: http://sp7idx-hexbeam.eu

You can write your own review of the Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX.

OK1FCJ Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2017 08:36 Send this review to a friend
great product - 5V7P expedition  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased HexBeam from Waldi SP7IDX few months ago. I must admit that waiting time was bit longer than promised one, but it was one and only negative experience. Antenna come partially assembled I spent few hours home preparing it. I assembled it and due to my mistake, antenna with mast fallen down (nobody hurt). Waldi quickly sent broken replacement tube and suspected wire. All items come in time before 5v7 expedition where we used it together with SpiderBeam. One operator run HB another one SB. We have had no clear evidence which antenna is better. Both served very well our purpose. Thank you again Waldi for great product for DX peditions. We will use it again!

SV1GFM Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2017 05:47 Send this review to a friend
excellent build quality   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After waiting for 4 Months to received the Antenna, have mounted it on a 9m Aluminum Mast with a RAK Alfa Spid Rotor on the bottom.
Total high 18 m above the ground. In 15 days who have the Antenna, have worked 4 new countries and over 60 new Band that was impossible to hear with my HyEndFed dipole and my Gap Titan Antenna. The build quality is amazing very high Tech materiales. I am extremely happy with this Antenna and have no believe the big difference and how easy to make contact in terms of my Antennas. But donít forget the long time waiting. You must have steel nerve. The best solution is if you buying the Antenna is to forget it for 4 to 6 Months.

BX3AC Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2017 00:31 Send this review to a friend
excellent antenna   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was surprised that the first time the erection was not required to be adjusted separately.
Very easy to setup.This antenna let me wait for nine months.
~~~~But worth waiting for~~~~

SV2ESW Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2017 04:09 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The antenna is great. The materials Waldi is using are high quality and it is very easy to built. Since now, i was using home made dipoles and delta loop antennas. Since the Hexbeam i started really working dx realative easy. The antenna is fair and doesn't need much space. It is well tuned in all bands. Ready to play. But unfortunatelly i waited almost 5 months although the deal was 35 days. Thank you Waldi! 73's!

N3AJB Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2017 14:14 Send this review to a friend
Best in Class  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Waldi's first hex beam worked so well I ordered a second one. This one is roof mounted at 37ft in a Colorado QTH while the first one is at 50ft at a Pennsylvania QTH. Even at 37ft surrounded by 100ft trees, it is a great performer. Like the first installation, the SWR on all bands is close to 1:1. The main reason I prefer Waldi's version of the hex beam (all have the same antenna characteristics) is the high quality of the design. While most hex beam designs use U bolts at the center hub, Waldi's version uses a robust clamping system to secure the 6 fiberglass spreaders.

With the Euro dollar exchange rate at records lows, the beam is a bargain even with the additional cost of shipping. Buy one...you'll love it..

JON

OZ1EHW Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2017 02:07 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the antenna (HEX-BEAM)for 20-17-15-12-10-6 Meter) in 5. April and was in the air after two days. this was very easy to assemble the antenna,
it took less than two hours to assemble the antenna,
and get it in the air.
Now came the big moment where i had to test the antenna, all band were with a very fine SWR. And big surprise, i could hear Japan and Australia, at 09:30 am GMT.with 4-6 S. Countries i could not work with my other antennas COBWEB and G5RV.
I think it is a powerful antenna,easy to assemble
strong construction,and works great.!
OZ1EHW / 5Q0X Tommy

EA6XQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2017 04:02 Send this review to a friend
good antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great antenna solid build quality.
Amazing preformance.
Spare parts at a very competitive price, without hesitation a very good antenna

F1EYG Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2017 03:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use waldi hexabeam for about a year. First of all a very professional construction with very good materials (stainless steel, aluminum, fiberglass). The assembly is easy but do not forget the assembly manual which is attached with the order confirmation mail! The performance is consistent and the TOS is less than 1.5 (with no adjustment) on all the bands a bit more on the 6m. The performance is amazing and the antenna is very quiet compared to my vertical. An unbeatable value for money. For delivery it must be a little patient. Last news after a storm, the pylon tipped and the antenna fell 18m !!!! and only two intermediate portions fiber glass broken !!! Waldi supplies the replacement parts and I hope to repair quickly.

DL2AWG Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2017 01:59 Send this review to a friend
XX9D  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
we use the Hexbeam on our DXpedition Macau 2017 by XX9D .
It was our first time that we use the Hexbeam and the building was very easy for us. The beam works to our satisfaction.
Many thanks to Waldi for his great support.
73 de
the XX9D Team

EA2TP Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2017 14:14 Send this review to a friend
Good quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Solid supports, kevlar cords... Plug and play, low swr with no mods... and good quality.

I installed the hexbeam only 3 meters high, and it works fine with no more than 1,7 swr.

Patience with delivery time.