Reviews Categories | Emergency/Portable Power: generators, solar, wind, thermal, etc | PowerFilm R-13 Help

Reviews Summary for PowerFilm R-13
PowerFilm R-13 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$124.88
Description: PowerFilm Rollable Solar Panel Chargers are waterproof, durable, lightweight, and flexible. Designed for the most challenging and extreme environments, including low light conditions and high temperatures. Easily integrated to provide power for a number of charging applications. Includes an RA-2 (12 volt CLA) and RA-11 (15' extension cord with O-ring terminal connectors). Ideally suited for water activities, fully waterproof, and constructed with marine grade connectors to provide a portable solar solution to ensure you'll have the power you need. Keep the Power On with PowerFilm!
More info: http://www.powerfilmsolar.com

You can write your own review of the PowerFilm R-13.

KAF8152 Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2012 16:24 Send this review to a friend
Bargin price on portable solar at Amazon  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I discovered PowerFilm at the Dayton Hamvention a few years ago. I purchased a R-28 rollable this year at the Hamvention. I discovered the R-13 by accident, knowing the R-28 was a 28 watt version I assummed the R-13 was a 13 watt so I ordered one and received it promptly. I liked it so much I ordered a second one and am waiting for it to arrive.

Simple put the R-13 at $125 dollars is a bargin when compared the the other versions such as the R-7, R-14, R-21 and the R-28. Do a search on the prices and you will agree. You basically get a R-14 for less than the price of the R-7. You could buy 2 and connect them together and have 26 watts, a little less than the R-28 , and you still save some money.

I attempted to find some info on the R-13 on the internet but I could not. I contacted the good folks at PowerFilm to find out is this a new product or a obsolete one, turns out it is neither. Basically when they have extra material left over from a production run they use it to make the R-13. So they make some, put them on Amazon, sell them. And then later when they have some more they do it all over. So basically they are not available all the time!

15.4 operating voltage, 13 watts. When I tested it connected directly to a 18 ah battery I measured 823 milliamps current.

So if you want a good product and want to save some money, hurry while they still have them available.

As a side note they also sell daisy chain cables to add more than one together to increase output.
As a Ham radio operator I like to use Anderson Powerpoles for my DC connections. So what I do is take the Cigarette lighter cables, remove the cigarette female connector, parralel all the cables and add a Anderson powerpole connector. Call it a poor mans Daisy chain. I save $50 bucks that way.
Put a Anderson powerpole connector on the cigarette ligter plug and then plug it into the other powerpole when you need that too.

Or you can use the fine accessories that PowerFilm has to offer.

Hurry, save some money and get a bargin.