Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | K8RA P-4 paddle Help

Reviews Summary for K8RA P-4 paddle
K8RA P-4 paddle Reviews: 14 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $185
Description: Brass dual-lever paddle
More info: http://www.k8ra.com/index_018.htm

You can write your own review of the K8RA P-4 paddle.

HS0ZFQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2014 20:45 Send this review to a friend
fantastic quality and service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have actually had the K8RA P-2 paddle for five or six years. Not only is it an excellent key. When I sent it back to be refurbished ( for a very small fee ) it returned to me redone so well that I thought maybe he had slipped me a brand new key. He assured me it was my key. I can only say that I have never experienced restoration on this level and want to recommend K8RA keys to anyone in the future. And I might further add that I have zero financial interest in the company. Mike Freeman and family is carrying on the excellent quality established by Jerry Pittinger.

WM6Q Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2014 21:43 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received mine. A great machine!

ZL1KLP Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2013 02:41 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Extremely nice key. I spent few weeks in research and chose this one. I'm so sure I made the right choice. Service is also excellent.

Got the beautiful wooden paddles and magnetic spring extras.

K7JBQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2013 16:38 Send this review to a friend
WONDERFUL  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sorry to hear that Jerry is having to give up the business due to health concerns. It was a pleasure doing business with him, and his workmanship was first-rate. I wish the new "owners" well, and just happy I have an original P4 in daily operation.

Bill

SWL2002 Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2013 10:46 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful  Time owned: more than 12 months
Jerry's paddles are top notch. Could not be happier! His craftsmanship cannot be faulted. He will take care of you if you have problems and is always ready to offer advise. Too bad Jerry cannot make them any longer because of his health. I wish Jerry the best.

AK4SQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2013 19:35 Send this review to a friend
I love my P-4  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I love my P-4 paddle. If I could have but one paddle, this would be it. But I may splurge and add some of Jerry's other models in time as I am a fan.

WE5EE Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2013 12:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Paddle!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought my P-4 used & even when it arrived, I didn't have to re-adjust the spacing or anything! I have had Begali paddles & these are every bit as good! I am very very satisfied with these!

WA9MNF Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2013 21:05 Send this review to a friend
Great support...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a used P-4 paddle from EBay back in late November 2012 and I wanted it refinished and the magnetic option installed. I contacted Jerry and he gave me a VERY reasonable price for all that work. A couple of weeks later it arrived and it looks brand new. He even included another set of clear paddles. It took some getting used to but I am very pleased with it. Jerry is a great person to deal with and his product is worth the price.

KB1NXE Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2013 19:43 Send this review to a friend
Upgrades  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my P-4 paddle for at least three years now. Recently, Jerry started to offer magnetic tensioning for his paddles. I contacted Jerry and was told he could upgrade my early key to magnetics, but I'd have to send it to him. [Some of the earlier P-4s need his special touch, recently purchased paddles can be upgraded by the owner.] I did and for $35 + return shipping, he upgraded to magnetic tension, stripped and polish the key and re-lacquered it as well. Looks brand new.

Jerry makes the best keys for the money and stands solidy behind his product.

WH7DX Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2012 11:00 Send this review to a friend
P-4 Very Happy!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my P-4 and it is beautiful! I went with the rosewood paddles and magnets. I wanted something that would last for decades and I would enjoy looking at. Living in Hawaii with salt, brass makes sense. I'm new to CW so I can't comment on performance but I've adjusted the settings on P-4 and Radio and it sounds and feels perfect. If I find any issues I'll update my review. I don't expect any.

I'm going to insert a thin piece of material on the paddle arm to move the click as it return to center post - as mentioned before. I prefer no noise. That is simple and no cost.

Jerry was a joy to work with. Professional all the way around.. build, packaging, communication.

Bryan