Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | K8RA P-4 paddle Help

Reviews Summary for K8RA P-4 paddle
K8RA P-4 paddle Reviews: 14 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $185
Description: Brass dual-lever paddle
More info: http://www.k8ra.com/index_018.htm

You can write your own review of the K8RA P-4 paddle.

AA6VB Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2012 20:36 Send this review to a friend
Great Paddle  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a very nice paddle -very smooth, solid feel. Heavy and won't move around on the desk. The one issue I had with the key is that it has an annoying "click" when the paddle returns to the resting position. No amount of adjustment eliminated this sound, which is caused by the arm hitting the center stop post when it moves back to the resting position. I finally realized this problem could be eliminated with a self adhesive felt pad available at Ace Hardware. I used a 13mm diameter pad which I shaved down to paper thin then cut in half so it epwas a semi-circle. I then placed it round side down and flat side up on the arm right where the arm hits the post. Viola! No more noise. The key is now smooth as silk and works and looks great. I no longer have to listen to the clickity clack...

Great key and highly recommended.

Bob AA6VB

KI5IO Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2012 21:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent and Smooth Paddle  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my P-4 since May-2011 and am very pleased with it's feel and operation. I still have a long way to go in getting my first into good form, but Jerry's P-4 is a good help for me.

I have the 'spring' version and really enjoy working with this paddle.

Don't hesitate to contact Jerry and order yours today.

Nolan Kienitz
KI5IO
Plano, TX

KI5IO Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2012 21:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent and Smooth Paddle  Time owned: more than 12 months

I have the 'spring' version and really enjoy working with this paddle.

Don't hesitate to contact Jerry and order yours today.

AD6CW Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2012 15:33 Send this review to a friend
This paddle may be even better than my beloved KG2ED Mercury  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was referred to Jerry's website by a friend who is well-known in the QRP circles. We are both somewhat key collectors.

Jerry happened to have one in stock, and my P-4 arrived in two days via USPS Priority Mail.

Physically, this is a monster of a paddle with a 5-pound brass base. You would have to be a boxer to knock this paddle around. If so, the P-5 weighs in at a mere 7 pounds.

The craftsmanship is excellent, and so is the feel. Because mine has magnets instead of springs, it has the elegant feel of my beloved KG2ED Long Island Mercury paddle. When ordering, specify whether you want magnets or springs.

The photo shows the optional ($7) wooden fingerpieces, and it is in a plexiglass case that I purchased locally (not included).

The P-4 is indeed a worthy addition to my collection.

73 de Jim - AD6CW