Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Alpha DX Antenna 10-80 Meter 500W needs no tuner Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha DX Antenna 10-80 Meter 500W needs no tuner
Alpha DX Antenna 10-80 Meter 500W needs no tuner Reviews: 12 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $499
Description: The Alpha Antenna DX line of systems provide the most gain from a High-Q antenna system with both vertical and horizontal polarization.

SWR results from 1:1 to 1.9:1 are easily achievable on 10-80 Meters by simply tuning the Alpha DX High-Q Bastion.

Prices are from $299 to $499 depending upon options selected.

More info: http://AmateurRadioStore.com

You can write your own review of the Alpha DX Antenna 10-80 Meter 500W needs no tuner.

KC5ALK Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2012 11:43 Send this review to a friend
Well Built! - Performs Great! - Easy Setup!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
5 months ago I saw my ĎElmerí set up his Alpha DX in less than 5 minutes and then witnessed how well it works! What also impressed me when I first saw it was how well the entire tripod, tuning bastion, and whips are built. Since buying mine in June, I can tell you that my Alpha DX has top quality build, it's easy to setup, and I work the world on my home-brew QRP CW Rig. My Elmer still says that after using at least six different portable antennas over the last 30 years, this one beats them all. I'd definitely recommend it to a friend!

KD6LSJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2012 07:17 Send this review to a friend
Real Performer with Robust Construction!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I first used the Alpha DX Antenna on field day with my FT-897 and leisurely made over 800 contacts from Australia to Japan and all over the US plus other DX locales. Flat SWRs were easily achieved by using the methods in the most excellently written user guide. The horizontal elements are actually radiating elements and when you add the length of all the elements together you have a 40 meter ľ wave antenna. Itís no wonder this thing really outperforms my buddipole, which is fragile when compared to the Alpha DX Antenna. One of the cool things about the arrangement of the elements is that itís like having three L antenna systems, each pointing in a separate direction. Iíve found that the L antenna gives me the best combination for a take-off angle and performance for NVIS (horizontal elements) as well as DX (vertical element). The last note that Iíll make is that the coil is located at the center of the antenna system, which if you know your antenna design and performance standards, it is either best to have the coil in the center or at the top of an antenna; never at the base!