Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Hy Power Antenna Company Help

Reviews Summary for Hy Power Antenna Company
Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $45 to 160 (USD)
Description: HF Delta Loop antenna
More info: http://www.hypowerantenna.com/

You can write your own review of the Hy Power Antenna Company.

KB3SI Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2017 07:16 Send this review to a friend
Good Performer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got the 160 OCF. Apex at 40 feet with wire supported by tree trunks on the property. Loads well and is working well for me. Very fast shipping, reaching me in two days via priority mail.

NB3R Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2016 16:37 Send this review to a friend
Delta Loop is great!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Our club station has several Hy-Power Antennas. We didn't really have a DX antenna for 40. A few months ago we added a 40m delta loop. This is a great DX antenna. Low take off angle compared to a dipole.

During the recent ARRL DX CW contest I worked Ethiopia, UAE, South Africa, Namibia, Kuwait, and a VK. Couldn't do that with a dipole.

Sure a beam would be better but for is an easy antenna to put up and a real improvement compared to the dipole.

KC3BLF Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2015 02:55 Send this review to a friend
80M OCF Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I mounted the balun on my chimney at about 33 feet. Wire is shallow inverted V, and not exactly straight. This antenna replaces a G5RV (still up) at about 22 feet. The performance difference is huge. I "hear" about 2 S-levels better (average) on the OCF. Getting out--I used to struggle to be heard--repeating my call sign several times. Now, I can hear others calling during pileups and I get answered fairly quickly on one pass with my call. Yeah, they all say "59" but when I don't have to repeat myself I know it's an improvement. Plus, I'm getting Middle East, Eastern Med which were not happening with old wire. My regular contacts near 80M band say I am much stronger on lower power (NVIS). I only run 100 watts, max. Antenna is really strong wire, well built and I expect it to outlive me. The owner of the company is really knowledgeable and helpful. Pricing is much lower than similar really sturdy wire antennas.

VK5ML Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2014 19:04 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
160m OCF Dipole.
Bought this antenna over 12 months ago now and had flawless performance from it. Run the HyPower 5:1 5kw Guanella Current Balun with RG213 Coax. Configured as straight flat-top normal Dipole, with over 60ft above ground throughout. Good solid construction of both antenna and Balun. Would highly recommend if you have the room for this baby.
Only negative thing I can say is that I have noticed some of the wire insulation coming adrift from the wire in some small areas, which must be due to UV as the only thing that has come in contact with it is the sun/wind/rain.
73's
Tim

KB3H Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2012 18:33 Send this review to a friend
A great antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am very pleased with the Hy Power 160 Meter Off-Center Fed dipole. It's apex is at 40', and both limbs terminate at 25'. It performs to spec, and is well-built, surviving some serious ice loading two winters ago. If you have the real estate to spare, you will not be disappointed, especially with it's performance on 80, 40 and 17 meters.

NN2X Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2012 16:24 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very well made, high quality..The performance is outstanding..The model I purchased is DL17DX

Even the insulators are pre place and caluclated were to be in the wire..

VSWR 1:1 / Handles 1500 watts...easily..I worked DX with ease..

In summary Cost effective, high quality, easy to install, and very high performance.