Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | APC BX1000G BATTERY BACK-UP POWER SUPPLY Help

Reviews Summary for APC BX1000G BATTERY BACK-UP POWER SUPPLY
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $119.99
Description: Telephone, network and coax surge protectors. Four battery backup outlets with surge protection. Four surge protection only outlets. Automatic diagnostic testing. Power-Chute Auto Shut-Down Software. Automatic voltage regulation. 1,000VA / 600 Watts capacity. Up to 121 minutes run-time.

You can write your own review of the APC BX1000G BATTERY BACK-UP POWER SUPPLY.

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2012 13:05 Send this review to a friend
works good for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had a one of these in the shack for over a year. works great. its a UPS and is made to never be turned off or unplugged unless you are moving it or something. i dont not understand the need to unplug it everynight! Kinda defeats the purpose of having it!!!

Anyway Mine works fine and i would buy another one in a heart beat

KJ6ETL Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2012 06:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent products  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have APC in our offices and are part of every computer installation that I maintain. These things are made to be plugged in and forget about. No need to turn on / off or play with otherwise.

N9LCD Rating: 0/5 Jul 28, 2012 18:10 Send this review to a friend
IT'S GOING BACK!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought 17 July 2012 for use as backup for my desktop computer in the shack and possible "emergency" radio operation. Looks great. Worked great -- for about three days. The unit started developing a problem with the ON / OFF power switch: I couldn't turn-off the unit without using a long house key to reach the switch. The problem degenerated: you could turn the unit on, but you couldn't turn it off. Apparently the ON /OFF switch wasn't working for "OFF".

I always unplug the UPS for the night. Because the switch to turn off the no AC "ALERT" also wouldn't work, I twice had to disconnect everything from the UPS and remove the battery to get the supply to quit "beeping". And, afterwards, reinstall the supply.

While the manufacturer has made arrangements send me a replacement supply, I simply don't trust this product. It's going back to the retailer for a refund.