Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | TigerDirect.com Help

Reviews Summary for TigerDirect.com
Reviews: 20 Average rating: 2.2/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Supplier of cables and computer parts and such.
More info: http://http//www.tigerdirect.com

You can write your own review of the TigerDirect.com.

K4IDD Rating: 1/5 Sep 30, 2013 17:35 Send this review to a friend
Problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought a close-out laptop and had it sent to my son. Bought over phone and carefully changed the shipping address to a new street address (same town) from a previous purchase. Checked online the next day and found it shipped to old address. Customer service said they would catch it and change address with shipper. It went to Oregon, was declared undeliverable, and went back to Illinois. I ended up paying for shipping and they were then out of that model. Sent another from them that did get there and paid for its shipping.

Then bought a card with additional serial ports for a new computer. Didn't check the bus and got the wrong card. Called, got a return number, and ordered a new card with the correct bus. Returned first card via USPS (same way it came), and got a signature card for delivery. Tiger Direct said I did not have satisfactory proof it was returned in spite of USPS record. Refused refund and refused to respond to emails, a letter, or return phone calls. Refused a refund of $60 for a customer who had bought over $1000 of product! Thanks, but that was it for me.

WA1SEO Rating: 4/5 Sep 30, 2013 15:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Customer Service, but  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been purchasing used notebook computers from them for about 5 years. I've gotten some that work like one would expect and I've gotten some with all sorts of problems...bad keyboards, password protected, wrong processor, dead batteries, etc. While it is a pain in the neck to get a dud, they have always promptly sent a prepaid voucher to send the unit back and have promptly issued a refund.

All in all, I can't complain...just be aware of their service policies and you'll be fine.

N3ND Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2013 06:17 Send this review to a friend
Not one issue - ever  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been dealing with TigerDirect for more years than I can remember and never had a problem. I was surprised to see so many people have had issues.

Regarding refurbished equipment. I have ordered refurbished equipment from Dell and HP and will NEVER order anything refurbished again. Both companies just passed forward problems from previous owners.

W2MB Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2013 16:41 Send this review to a friend
Good Prices  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have ordered several products over the years from Tiger Direct. They ship very quickly and have very competitive pricing. The products have always been factory new. I have never needed to use their customer service after an order.

KI0Z Rating: 0/5 Sep 29, 2013 15:26 Send this review to a friend
awful  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
will never do business agn . what a can of worms to lengthy to put down here ....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a bad experiance.....

AF5CC Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2013 14:31 Send this review to a friend
Did fine here  Time owned: more than 12 months
I ordered a netbook a few years ago from them and it has worked fine. Also got a computer for my daughter and it is still working fine also. However, www.computersnow.com have excellent prices on off-lease computers. That is where I buy my laps from now.

W5TTW Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2013 08:53 Send this review to a friend
Never a problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've ordered from them numerous times over the years, big screen tv, computers, parts, etc. Never a hitch.

W3JKS Rating: 0/5 Sep 29, 2013 07:59 Send this review to a friend
Don't buy refurb PCs here  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered a refurbished HP PC with Windows 7 Pro. Machine was nice, BUT the Windows 7 license key is invalid (prob. a forgery)! TigerDirect was absolutely no help at all, pointing me to their supplier as responsible (they are most likely the perpetrator).

Never again will I do business with TigerDirect. I ordered a new (real!) copy of Win7 from Newegg.

AI4WM Rating: 4/5 Aug 12, 2012 12:35 Send this review to a friend
Place to buy PC parts if you need them  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been purchasing from Tiger Direct personally and for business for about 5 years or more and have never had any problem.

I have bought all kinds of parts, HDDs, cards, cables, RAM, mother boards, printers, and monitors as well as external drives and flash drives.

They have good prices and shipping is some of the fastest.

The only thing I ever had faulty was a USB flash drive which was replaced by the manufacturer with ease and in short time.

K3SX Rating: 1/5 Aug 9, 2012 11:40 Send this review to a friend
Poor Customer Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
My first purchase produced a monitor with two uncoated areas. They said the ad said "as is." The price was so good I have lived with my dots for years now.
I tried for a second purchase with huge REBATES screaming from the website. I cut, copied mailed and emailed every bar code and date code chunk from the original carton then received notice I waited too long to send the materials and the offers had expired. Even though all correspondence was handled within a week of receipt. Never again. Sometimes "free" is too expensive.