Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | NewEgg.com (Computers and electronics) Help

Reviews Summary for NewEgg.com (Computers and electronics)
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: A computers and electronics supplier
More info: http://www.newegg.com/

You can write your own review of the NewEgg.com (Computers and electronics).

KC2WI Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2013 13:30 Send this review to a friend
Rreliable, fast, good value  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been in the computer service business for the last 14 years.

I have a great distributor that I use for computers because they build top quality machines and provide great support, but even though I could also get some components and peripherals from them and usually slightly faster because they are one-day UPS away from me, my main source for components and peripherals is Newegg.

The prices are very good, shipping is either free or very reasonable, orders are processed fast, etc. I find the user reviews helpful.

I've almost never been dissatisfied with anything I've purchased from them, and the few times I have it was usually some off-brand thing I took a chance on.

I received a defective hard drive recently and sent it back. I think this was the only item I ever received actually defective. I requested and was given an RMA and I sent the drive back. Newegg sent me a email notice it was received with physical damage so they could not honor the RMA. I replied that I had been doing business with them for over 10 years and that they should take my word it was DOA when I received it.

They sent me a replacement. Evidently they looked up my customer record and decided that it was worth sending a $60 hard drive to a good customer...

About the only caution I would give is that you have to be very careful about mail-in rebates. Read the fine print and make sure to get it in before the deadline. I wish they would just give the discount up front.

KC2RGW Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2012 07:41 Send this review to a friend
I highly recommend them  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've done 95% of my computer components business and other general consumer electronics business with newegg.com for a number of years.

They have excellent pricing, they deliver fast and they meet their word on the products.

They handle defective returns very quickly and make the refunds/credits if needed on schedule.

Just read their terms, they are clear about them and hold fast to them. They will do exchanges on defective but seldom do cash returns due to so many people using retailers as free rental services.

I highly recommend them for the honest guy that wants honest expectations from a vendor.

For those of you who like to rent gear for free, you aren't going to do it with these guys.