Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | PowerMaster II Help

Reviews Summary for PowerMaster II
PowerMaster II Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $525.00
Description: The PowerMaster II RF Wattmeter/SWR Digital RF & VSWR Measurement System.
More info: http://www.arraysolutions.com

You can write your own review of the PowerMaster II.

W1PDG Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2014 08:58 Send this review to a friend
Great meter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the powermaster II inline with my ft-1000d and fl-7000 amp. I use a dentron super tuner to tune various vertical and wire antennas and tuning is very easy using the antenna tuning setting on the powermaster II. It displays a bar graph of your reflected power and you can just watch the graph as you tune to the lowest reflected power, rather than needing to watch numbers. Extremely fast reading in the normal setting. Just blip the key in cw mode and you'll have a power and swr reading displayed instantly. I need to get the VHF module for my ft-736 now.

AD5X Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2012 09:46 Send this review to a friend
USB port is nice!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had an original PowerMaster for several years, but I needed another for my test bench. So - time to try out the PowerMasterII. All I can say is that it is great! The advantages over the original PowerMaster are the USB port (it sill has a serial port as well), and the A/B sensor switching. Not that the original PowerMaster paralleling of sensors was a big deal (I measured a 1% error which is negligable), but it is nice to have serious accuracy when I switch sensors for my lab work without having to add the extra 1% offset.

Phil - AD5X

W0JIG Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2012 06:58 Send this review to a friend
Must have.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had seen the PowerMaster on youtube and liked it's operation modes. A few months ago I needed a wattmeter/ vswr that would kick off my Ten-Tec amp with high swr or to much drive so I bought one. The PowerMaster did both very well with a red led alarm going on at the same time letting me know something is wrong. I also have a setting to let me know if I use to much power (over 1500 watts) that work very well. The software is easy to use on my PC and I can make changes as I need on the PC. Customer service was very helpful when I had a problem with RF getting into the power supply and giving me a blank screen on the PowerMaster - while tuning my amp over 700 watts it would happen. Bob in customer service new the problem right away and suggested ferrite beads on the power supply power cord and change my G5RV antenna. Problem solved. The PowerMaster is a nice add on to my station and would buy another if I had too.