Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Andy-crimp multi-crimping tool Help

Reviews Summary for Andy-crimp multi-crimping tool
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $varies by kit
Description: Crimping tool, available barebones to kit with multiple dies, for coaxial cable, power cables, powerpoles, and other connectors
More info: http://www.hamcq.com/tools/crimping-tools-and-dies/cat_109.html

You can write your own review of the Andy-crimp multi-crimping tool.

WZ4K Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2014 22:26 Send this review to a friend
Great tool but one suggestion  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am very pleased with my Andy-Crimp tool. The dies are secured to the tool using 2 Phillips-head screws. Any time you need to swap out dies you must use the included screwdriver - or any properly sized Philips head screwdriver. At work I use a Paladin crimping tool and it also has several dies in its kit - the nice feature on the Paladin are 2 knurled-head screws that hold the dies - no screwdriver needed. So I searched for the Paladin PN and found them sold through Amazon, of course. I found an alternative that even includes Amazon Prime free shipping and 2 replacement Phillips head screws as-well - a deal at about $8.50 with tax. Here is the PN to search on Amazon: Klien Tools VDV999-033. The Andy-Crimp tool should come with these!

AC4RD Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2012 14:43 Send this review to a friend
exceedingly useful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For years, I've been soldering connectors onto coax, power lines, audio cables, and so on. I recently got this Andy-Crimp kit, with a crimping tool, three dies that cover powerpoles, coax connectors, and assorted other connectors, plus some clever wire-strippers ... WOW. It's like when I finally bought an antenna analyzer, I wondered "How did I get along BEFORE I had this?"

Lately I've been popping new connectors on old chunks of coax, converting all my power connections to powerpoles, and lots of other similar chores, and this thing is GREAT. The one I have seems like a good bit of money up front, but it's just incredibly fast and easy, and every connection is a good one. Plus, no melted center connectors, no drops of hot solder on my leg or the dining-room carpet! :-)

I've never really used any crimping tool before, so I can't compare it with other crimpers. But compared to soldering, this thing is just flat-out great. And the one I got came in a neat case that holds the crimper, the dies, the strippers, and the cutter, all neatly. What a great gadget! Now that I see how easy and convenient it is, I'll never be without a crimper again.