Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Balun Designs #4114-OCF 4:1 Current Balun Help

Reviews Summary for Balun Designs #4114-OCF 4:1 Current Balun
Balun Designs #4114-OCF 4:1 Current Balun Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$81.95
Description: By utilizing a stacked core technology, we have created a 4:1 current balun that easily tolerates the imbalance caused by the proximity of large structures and metal roofs while still providing good choking impedance, excellent transformation and high power capability. This balun will do it all whether you have an OCF dipole, a large loop, a log periodic or just need excellent ladder line to coax transformation.
More info: http://www.balundesigns.com

You can write your own review of the Balun Designs #4114-OCF 4:1 Current Balun.

K9WN Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2012 14:35 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic product!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed to install a wire antenna that would cover more bands than my 80/40 dipole. I decided on an OCF dipole using the #4114-ocf Balun. I started with the dimensions on the Balun Designs site, but after playing with end lengths, I finally ended up with a "classic" length OCF dipole ie:1/3-2/3 split. (44 feet/88 feet, roughly) It gives me the coverage I need between 75 and 10 meters,and the LDG tuner handles what mismatch there is quite well.YMMV due to surrounding trees, roofs, and whatever else you may have near the antenna. The #4114-ocf is built VERY ruggedly with a 5KW rating. This is the second B.D. balun I have and I'm a happy camper with both of them.