Reviews Categories | Third-party Equipment | DV-Adapter XLB003 Help

Reviews Summary for DV-Adapter XLB003
DV-Adapter XLB003 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $699
Description: DV-Adapter Completely Assembled w / XL Blue Screen, Housing & UT-118
The DV Adaper coverts an Analog Radio to a Digital Voice Adapter uses your present Radio for D-Star contact's.
More info: http://www.dstarradioclub-international.com/

You can write your own review of the DV-Adapter XLB003.

PU2KAZ Rating: 4/5 Jan 3, 2013 09:29 Send this review to a friend
This working fine so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
See I bought the dark, without knowing much of DSTAR and others, but the product would give me more options that I operate mey FT-897D or FT-8800 and that so far this 100% OK.
I have a repeater next, this has been my problem, the only night I have had some good QSO's.
Now I had many questions on how to operate the DV-FAV, and mandeu an email so far that has not been answered.
But I ended up turning to Internet search and manual and more with a little luck could set the PTT to operate well.

VK4ICE Rating: 0/5 Aug 25, 2012 18:55 Send this review to a friend
Mine did not work, still waiting for a refund -$800  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Beware! Scammer

Peter Scherp makes and sells this DV Adapter. I made the mistake of purchasing one, with the promise of allowing my Yaesu FT-8900 (and many other models) to be used for D-Star. It arrived, not configured as ordered and was faulty from day one. After many, many e-mails back and forth, Peter promising to call at specified times, then not calling, offering a long list of excuses. I sent the faulty item back (with tracking number ($45.00)) for a refund after 3 months of being given the run-around.
Now Peter Scherp does not respond to emails and refuses to issue the refund.
I'm out of pocket $800, he has his gear back...
Beware in your dealings with this company.

David - vk4ice