Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | Pioneer Antenna & Tower Help

Reviews Summary for Pioneer Antenna & Tower
Pioneer Antenna & Tower Reviews: 18 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Subject to quote.
Description: Hello all, please be advised that my business name has changed to Pioneer Antenna & Tower. I can be reached by email at Info@pioneerantenna.com or by phone at 949.235.9202. I am available for all emergency services as wall as routine work. What is more, I welcome the opportunity to be of service to this Ham community. Thank You and 73s

You can write your own review of the Pioneer Antenna & Tower.

K6ELQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2017 14:21 Send this review to a friend
The go-to guy for SoCal  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Steve recently did a major tower/antenna installation at my QTH. He comes out and does a site review of the job which is refunded in part if you accept his offer and sets up a schedule.

First he removed a TX-455 tower in preparation for a new HDX-555 tower. On that day he also delivered a rebar cage that was professionally built off-site to US Tower's specifications. Then I went about having the old pad jackhammered out and the hole enlarged by a local contractor. When the hole was done Steve arranged for the 7.5 yard concrete pour. He arrived early to drop in the rebar cage and everything went off like clockwork. After a month wait for the concrete to cure he arranged for a local crane company to remove the old tower and install the new tower. That day he hauled off the old tower on his tower trailer to its new home at K6FW's QTH.

I then assembled the OptiBeam OB4030 on the roof. When I was done he again arranged for the crane and installed that antenna onto the mast. I pulled out the remaining mast and installed the rotator (my choice). After I finished assembling the OB9-5 Steve again came out with the crane and installed that antenna.

Steve was very punctual. He arrived every time at the agreed to time. He tells you what it will cost and how he bills and sticks to his promise. Not cheap but fair and worth every penny for the peace of mind of having it done the right way the first time. You pay as you go and to him, not the sub-contractors.

I will definitely go to Steve for any future upgrades.

WB6NGC Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2017 12:42 Send this review to a friend
Agree, great work  Time owned: more than 12 months
Steve took down an old 25G tower and its antennas for me. Very reasonable. Recommended.

WA6SFY Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2016 18:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent professional work   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My bucket list project was to replace my aging rotor and cables on my 40ft triasto(US tower). It originally tilted down for work but over the years fences, gates ect are now in the way. cranked down it was 15 feet above a flat roof. I found Steve SHobe thru the Web and called for his advice. He came out and surveyed what was needed and set a date for updates. He arrived for the work fully equipped with what was required. Replaced rotor and all cables, LMR400 ect. New yardarm with pulleys and cable guides on tower. Ran cabled thru pvc conduit to protect from UV damage. Installed new pl259 connectors on cables entering radio room. I am thrilled with install and will hang up my climbing belt and call Steve from now on at 949-235-9202.

W6YY Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2016 17:16 Send this review to a friend
Steven Shobe  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you want your tower and antenna to be put up the BEST hire Steve......he is the BEST. 90' self supporting tower motorized with a DB36 SteppiR on SPECIAL TILTING fixture. My antenna is vertical when not in use so as NOT to be over neighbor's yard and pool.

N6FE Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2016 12:55 Send this review to a friend
Installation of SteppIR Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
W6SKS Steve Shobe, installed my MA-40 US Tower to specification efficiently with attention to detail, including underground wire management from tower to radio room. Mr. Shobe also installed my SteppIR DB-15 3 element yagi using a crane which was required due to the limited space available to accomplish the installation. Steve's understanding of installation parameters, working knowledge of the equipment to be installed, and desire to make the installation beyond my expectations should be noted. Steve Shobe should be your first choice when undertaking a project such as this. He is competent, reliable, understanding and meticulous about his work. My costs came in as projected and given the time Steve spent on my project, Steve is an incredible value.

WA6LDI Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2016 09:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service & Support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Steve is a true professional with every antenna raising project in which he partakes. He is exceptionally knowledgeable, courteous and practices safety above all else! The work that he performs is par-excellence and his customer support is beyond reproach. I highly recommend him for any antenna and/or tower installation project you may be contemplating. No job is too large or small for Steve to tackle! I cannot recommend him highly enough!

N6JCN Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2016 17:48 Send this review to a friend
If you want it done right - call Steve  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Steve is the go-to guy if you want an installation done correctly, and as important to me - safely. Originally I just wanted help slinging a dipole up on my 2-story house, but I was quickly convinced to do it right with conduit enclosing the ladder line; a proper ground wire; and everything terminating at the shack in an organized and professional manner. Steve also takes safety seriously and "roped in" when he was in potentially dangerous territory. I recommend him without reservation - just be prepared to do it right....

W6GMU Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2016 22:33 Send this review to a friend
Triple Antenna Installation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Stephen, W6SKS installed 3 antennas in one day at my QTH: a K4KIO 7-band hex beam with a Yaesu 800GXA rotator, a Comet CX-333 and an Alpha Delta DX-CC multiband dipole. All 3 antennas worked perfectly. The hex beam is my first rotatable antenna ever, so I'm extremely happy with Stephen's work, plus he's a super guy and great to work with.

KE7RXD Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2015 10:39 Send this review to a friend
Consummate professional  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I serve as the communications leader of the emergency response team for a manufactured home park located in Southern CA. We recently consulted with Mr Shobe about installing a base station antenna in our clubhouse. We did not end up using his services, because we decided on a portable, "go kit" option in case an emergency renders our clubhouse uninhabitable.

That said, his demeanor, knowledge, expertise, and ideas impressed us. We highly recommend him and his services.

K6EGG Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2015 22:23 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Job!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I Found Stephen here on eHam. I Emailed him and I received an email back from him within 24 hours. I had an appoint to look around within a few days and he was on time to the minute. As far of the work done it doesn't get any better then this. He put up 2 antennas on my chimney. A Diamond X50 and Discone. He even match painted the brackets to the paint on my house much to the praise of my wife. Most importantly he is clean and very safe. So if you need an antenna put up or any maintence, I would call Stephen. He does Excellent work.