Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | Pioneer Antenna & Tower Help

Reviews Summary for Pioneer Antenna & Tower
Pioneer Antenna & Tower Reviews: 18 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Subject to quote.
Description: Hello all, please be advised that my business name has changed to Pioneer Antenna & Tower. I can be reached by email at Info@pioneerantenna.com or by phone at 949.235.9202. I am available for all emergency services as wall as routine work. What is more, I welcome the opportunity to be of service to this Ham community. Thank You and 73s

You can write your own review of the Pioneer Antenna & Tower.

W6NEK Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2015 10:12 Send this review to a friend
Professional Tower Work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was referred to Stephen by HRO Anaheim. I needed my 12 year old 55 ft. US Tower refurbished. In addition, the gearbox on my MD75 winch developed a oil leak. I phoned Stephen on a Friday afternoon and left a message. He returned my call within the hour. To give me an estimate he needed to see the condition of the tower/installation. To my surprise he made himself available the next morning (Saturday) at 9:00 AM. After his review and cost estimate he scheduled a visit to fully service the tower. This included replacing all tower bolts and tower lifting cables along with servicing the pulleys. The MD75 winch was beyond field repair and he contacted US Tower for a replacement. Once the replacement was received Stephen squeezed me into his schedule and completed the winch installation. To say I am fully satisfied is an under statement. Stephen always showed up right on time and worked with skill and speed. I got the impression that Stephen treated my tower work as if it was his own. To the point, Pioneer Antenna & Towers exceeded my expectations. Thanks for a great job Stephen!

KK6LAJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2014 11:46 Send this review to a friend
Great experience  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was first made aware of Stephen W6SKS thru HRO of Anaheim. I'm new to Ham and purchased my first radio a Yaesu FT3000 and needed to put an antenna on the roof of my house. We ended up with three installations, a MA5B on a Yaesu G-800SA rotor, a Tak-tenna for 40 Meters and a VHF 6 meter. The coax runs were not easy and required a great deal of 'fishing' in order to get to the Ham shack. Steve accomplished all this work in about 3 full days with very little disruption to the house. It took another 2 days to assemble, mount, tune and ground the antennas. Overall I was very pleased with the job. During the installation we became closer friends and have stayed in touch. I would highly recommend Steve for your antenna or tower needs.

WA6MHZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2013 16:22 Send this review to a friend
GREAT GUY!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a seriously damaged KLM KT-34A on a Roof Tower I couldn't get at, nor could I get any local Hams to help me deal with it. Stephen offered to help and I am MOST PLEASED with his service. He is the ultimate Professional; knowing every aspect of an Extremely DIFFICULT job and a way around every obstacle we found. The job was completed very quickly despite all the problems, and I have a great working antenna again! By all means, I heartily recommend Stephen as the GO TO GUY when a Tower job is needed! Cost was most reasonable and affordable, and the job was done RIGHT the first time! THANK YOU STEPHEN!!!! 73!

WA6RSV Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2013 14:52 Send this review to a friend
Skillful,Efficient,Knowledgeable,Reasonable,  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed to have a Cushcraft MA-5B Mounted on my tower. I emailed Stephen pictures of my setup and he responded within minutes with an estimate of time and money all of which were very reasonable. we setup an appointment to have this done and he showed up on time and well prepared. He finished the job professionally within the allotted time and for the agreed to amount. He even had the gumption to replace a PL-259 that "wasn't" perfect and would have failed after a few years. All his work was flawless, prompt and the man was thoroughly professional, respectful and cheerful. You simply can't ask for a better painless situation. Zero "surprises"The man reminds me of those Apollo Space Program engineers his motto should be "Failure is not an option". Thank you Steve! He can be reached at: 949-235-9209. His email is sshobe1810@gmail.com.

K6HRT Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2013 11:20 Send this review to a friend
Dependable, honst and knowledgeable.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Stephen, W6SKS, met all expectations. He scoped the job correctly, estimated the time and cost of the job accurately. He also showed up on time and worked professionally. My tower is a 50 foot tubular crank-up which required a rotator swap out along with coax and rotator wire replacement. He did the entire job on the tower without using the house roof thus avoiding roof damage. He has a unique gin pole for tubular towers.

WA6WZO Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2012 11:54 Send this review to a friend
Great Work!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Steven Shobe, W6SKS, is a great guy and easy to work with. We have a 40-year old 72-foot tower with a 5-element 20 meter yagi at the bottom of the mast and about 15 feet higher a 10/15 meter antenna. His work for us included removing old VHF/UHF antennas, rewiring the rotor, fixing the gamma match and stays on the 20, replacing the balum on the 10/15, replacing guy wires and crank up cables on the tower, fixing the 40/80/160 slopers, and putting Xmas lights on the tower. He had no trouble climbing and working at the top of the mast! All his work was done most professionally and efficiently. We could not be more pleased. BTW, he is a expert mountain climber (Pioneer Climbing Expedition).

--WA6WZO/WA6WZN

AA6HF Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2012 23:21 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding and Professional  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It's rare when I write a review for either products or services. But, the service Steve Shobe
performed was so outstanding and professional, I had to share my thoughts with E-Ham. I
recently had to replace a couple of antennas atop a 8000ft mountain resort. The antennas
were mounted on a 60ft telephone pole/mast, and severly damaged. I was unable to do
the work myself due to physical problems, so I contracted with Steve to replace each of
the antennas. He arrived at the job site as scheduled, and came well equiped with all the
necessary tools and test gear to accomplish the job in the most efficient, timely, and cost
effective manner. He was open to suggestions and expressed a 'can do' attitude. Steve is
friendly and brings a wealth of experience and technical expertise. I highly recommend him
for jobs requiring difficult antenna installations with particular attention to detail.
Steve is experienced working on ham and commercial radio sites world wide. As such, he can offer comprehensive solutions installing towers and antennas. You can reach Steve at: (949) 235-9209.

KI6EQW Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2012 16:39 Send this review to a friend
Professional Install  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
HRO Anaheim referred me Steven Shobe to install a Hexabeam Antenna, rotor, mast, chimney mount, and ground/lightning arrestor set up. Price was fair, work product excellent, and he is hard working and pleasant to deal with. He can be reached at: 949-235-9209. His email is sshobe1810@gmail.com.