Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | Battery Minder 1.33 Amp with Desulfator Help

Reviews Summary for Battery Minder 1.33 Amp with Desulfator
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: 12 Volt/Maintainer/Desulfator 1.33 Amp Charger

You can write your own review of the Battery Minder 1.33 Amp with Desulfator.

W0FEN Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2017 18:56 Send this review to a friend
OEM Battery @ 9 Years  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the On-Board 12 V Desulfator installed on a 2008 Chevy I bought new. It still has the original OEM battery. I haven't tested it but I think it is getting weak after 9 YEARS. I wonder how long this battery would have lasted if I had installed it when I first bought the car. I think I installed it when the car was 4 years old.

W0FEN Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2015 16:39 Send this review to a friend
Very Good!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I installed a different model on my current vehicle which is now 7 years old. I put it on the car about 2 years ago when the battery started to show signs of dying in the coldest months in Kansas City. That first winter it was sluggish on very cold mornings. This last winter there were no signs of an old battery. This is the original battery that came with the car an now going on 8 years old. The desulfinator part of this charger is worth it. The model I installed is just the desulfinator that attaches across the battery.

KK4OBI Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2014 17:40 Send this review to a friend
The desulfation feature is great  Time owned: more than 12 months
was that its high frequency Desulfation signal (around 3 MHz) would gradually break down the lead sulfation and get the battery charging again. It took a while but the battery came back to around 90% charge. Then, the advice was to "equalize the cells" by running a charge rate up to around 15 -15.5 volts to stir up he sulfate sludge from the bottom. After that the Battery Minder eventually brought the charge to around 99%. Thanks to Battery Minder, the battery was still charging in the 90% range at seven years old when I traded for a new E450.

I have revived several "dead" batteries since then with the desulfation/equalization sequence.

Now the bad news. Ford does not used lead battery clamps. Instead, they use coated (zinc?) copper clamps. After about two years of Battery Minder use the metal coating was eaten away and electrolytic action began eating away the lead posts on the battery. Grooves appeared. The posts were no longer round. Clamp-to-post contact was reduced so high current for starting was impossible. Even a new battery had the problem develop in only a few weeks.

The folks at Battery Minder recommended changing for conventional lead clamps. After changing to lead on lead the problem is gone and I am using the Battery Minder again.

KF7VXA Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2012 21:46 Send this review to a friend
Best Maintainer Available  Time owned: more than 12 months
This charger is much more than just a float type charger.
Sulphate on the battery plates is what kills most batteries. This charger gives off High Frequency pulses that knock the sulphate off of the battery plates and will charge up to 4 similar batteries at one time.
I use this charger to keep a charge on my 3 back up deep cycle batteries and after 3.5 years, all three batteries still show over 13 volts (they are for my Toy Hauler and radio back up batteries). The charger has been on the 3 batteries continously except for when I used it on older batteries that were going bad.

The old battery in my vehicle would not turn over the engine in the cold of winter, I put the battery on this charger for 10 days. 8 months later it still starts my vehicle like a new battery, and it was not a corrosive battery post problem.
I have brought back other low voltage batteries with this charger also, it works as long as the battery is not shorted.

There is no problem with boiling water from my back up batteries, I put a small amout of water in once a year.
This charger can be found for $39.95 and is the very best maint. charger I have ever used.
If you have batteries you save or use to power your radio and keep them charged with a trickle charger, this is the one.
I'm interested to see just how long my back up batteries will last, it should be a very long time.
Put one on your older back up or radio power batteries and watch the voltage come back, this charger flat works. It comes with rings for studs and clamps for posts.
It's also waterproof, I have left it in the rain with no damage, it's a sealed unit.

And no, I don't own the company or sell them, something this good, people should know about.