Reviews Categories | Ham Work Bench Tools & Test Equipment | ESD mat Industrial Grade Engineer's Desktop 60x40cm set Help

Reviews Summary for ESD mat Industrial Grade Engineer's Desktop 60x40cm set
ESD mat Industrial Grade Engineer's Desktop 60x40cm set Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $25
Description: Durable and highest quality branded R2 Ultra/Antistat ESD mat set including coiled wires (1MOhms resistors included), wristband, grounding cord, snaps, banana socket and aligator clip have superior heat, chemical and wear
resistance. Excellent performance is available thanks to best quality 2-layers material dedicated for the professional industrial usage. Features two layers rubber where the top layer is dissipative and the bottom layer is conductive.

Two layers, oil, grease and solvent resistant, high temp resistant, acid
proof and knife cut proof material.

You can write your own review of the ESD mat Industrial Grade Engineer's Desktop 60x40cm set.

W3KC Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2012 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Quality ESD Mat  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading Petr's info about these on the Sierra list, I decided to order one. I am glad I did. Thanks to Petr for help in obtaining these nice mats- an excellent addition to the electronics workbench.
Chas W3KC

AE9RB Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2012 23:46 Send this review to a friend
Professional quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought two of these mats to replace my Elenco WS-3 mats. The Elenco was beginning to look pretty bad due to heat damage from ordinary soldering. When Petr offered to ship these Czech mats, which he tested for heat resistance, I jumped on the chance.

The surface is indeed heat resistant. It also has a nice bottom that resists sliding around. This mat is quite suitable for professional use!

73 David AE9RB

OK1RP Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2012 07:21 Send this review to a friend
Great performance and highly valuable  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi all,

After bad experiences during ham radios repairing and ESD sensitive parts handling I decided to solve my ESD protection in the kitchen "lab".

I would like to share my experiences with branded R2 Ultra/Antistat ESD mat for safe, ESD protective soldering as it can help to others. I looked for long time on the eBay and other shops for possibility to purchase small portable ESD mats including the wires to connect for same el. potential or directly to common ground. All mats which I found were big and expensive or small but expensive or small, not high quality just vinyl and expensive etc.

Requested parameters were: two layers, oil, grease and solvent resistant, high temp resistant, acid proof and knife cut proof material.

After long time I returned back to Czech market where I found the company where they has exactly what I looked for but unfortunately the mats was too big. Standard size is 80cm x 160cm (2m wide roll packages) for high price dedicated for professional/industrial usage. So I tried to call them and after some negotiation they promised to cut it for me to preferred size 40x60cm and install the wires (1MOhms resistors included), wristband, snaps and banana cord/aligator clip for ground connection. We also reached after some phone calls negotiation an excellent price.

Parameters:
- thickness: 2mm
- RTG = 10^6 – 10^8

R2 Ultra/Antistat ESD Rubber Mats have two layers; the top one is a blue static dissipative rubber layer laminated to a black conductive rubber bottom layer. Surface resistance of the top layer is 10^6 – 10^8 and bottom layer is 10^5 – 10^6. This ESD Rubber material offers excellent resistance to oil, grease and most common solvent. These ESD Rubber Mats are very light compared to three layer mats.

After ordering and arrival at home I decided to make several tests:

Several oils, greases and different solvents and mat survived without any damages.

The flare-up point and it seems to be higher than 1000 C which is corresponding to almost 2000 F. (I was limited by temp sensors and thermometer over here)

The burning thru temperature and it survived 450 C for 2mins which is corresponding to 850 F. (I was limited by my soldering station, hi)

The max of the temp without any noticeable damage of the top layer. It survived 200 C for 2mins which is corresponding to 400 F.

Finally I tried to cut it using standard knife and make the hole thru using drill and it proved very high resistance too.

All these tests results are so great that I am really happy with this new ESD mat set and I am sure that it will make great job.

RESUME:
If You would like to get this ESD mats also then let me know OFF-LIST to indians@xsmail.com

...and one more think

Sorry for a bit longer message and bothering other people but I guess it can help to many of us with ESD issue. Hope it will help to some of You as same as to me with safe soldering in the kitchen property…

73 - Petr, OK1RP