Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond NR73BNMO Dual Band Mobile Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond NR73BNMO Dual Band Mobile Antenna
Diamond NR73BNMO Dual Band Mobile Antenna Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $49.00
Description: 144/440 MHz Dual-Band Mobile Antenna, Black, Gain: 2.15 / 5.3 dBi, Connector: NMO, Length: 33.5"
More info: http://www.diamondantenna.net/nr73bnmo.html

You can write your own review of the Diamond NR73BNMO Dual Band Mobile Antenna.

KD9VI Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2017 04:22 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna if done right  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Make sure you plan where you want your antenna first. Under the metal frame are thicker metal moldings and wires you do not want to drill through. I put mine on the trunk. I was very specific on height to not hit the garage door. I could not find anything else better, since this is compact but big on performance. After a heavy rain it is completely dry underneath. Use the rubber gasket and make sure it's tight. You may also have to buy those plastic clips that hold the cars molding down as they will typically break when you pull the fabric away to drill the hole. The antenna SWR is excellent, less than 1.5 to 1 across all of 144 and 440. GMRS and MURS are only 2 to 1. I would recommend this again. Diamonds are more expensive, but top-notch performance.

KC0PUZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2016 09:43 Send this review to a friend
Ran the coax to an HT  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I ran the coax from this antenna to my VX5 HT and it performed very well. I would not hesitate recommending this antenna to others, and recommend it especially for those looking to get no the air fast and easily from their car.

W6LGB Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2014 16:15 Send this review to a friend
Great Choice  Time owned: more than 12 months
Needed a shorter antenna to fit into parking structures on my Silverado (hood mount). Gets good signal reports as well as my NR770; I use both at 50/35W on V/UHF.

KK4JUG Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2012 19:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent on 2m!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This Diamond antenna replaced a foreign-made antenna and was well worth every penny. The magnet mount holds tight. It is used only on 2m at this time (Yaesu FT-2900R). The SWR wavered between 1.0 and 1.1 at 146 mHz. A later check with a different meter produced the same results. I haven't tried it on 440 yet but I don't believe one could find a better antenna for 2m mobile.