Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Traveler Light Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Traveler Light
Begali Traveler Light Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $298
Description: Portable High quality dual lever telegraph key
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com/html/traveler_light.html

You can write your own review of the Begali Traveler Light.

AB3VN Rating: 3/5 Oct 15, 2017 11:07 Send this review to a friend
Immaculate build quality, parts not so much  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The key is awesomely built and very stable if set up properly. My only gripe is the set screws. Those who never replace finger pieces will not notice it. The set screws that lock the paddles are of inconsistent quality. For instance on one paddle the 1.5mm wrench was loose in the socket, and on the other it slipped completely and I could not unscrew it. I tried three different wrenches with the same result. I had to use 1/16" wrench to unscrew the second one. I contacted Begali about this but got no response. Otherwise it is a very solid piece of equipment.

WD0BC Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2016 21:28 Send this review to a friend
TRUE QUALITY  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
GREAT QUALITY...FANTASTIC....

The unit may not "LOOK" sexy but a totally bullet proof workhorse......

IF you want a paddle that will work anywhere, any kind of WX or CONDX ......THIS IS YOUR PADDLE

K0MD Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2012 17:58 Send this review to a friend
Perfect Travel companion  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this key to take with me on travel overseas for CW operating. I operate a lot from hotels or other spots. I have taken my Bencher BY-1 on travel but the sliding around in the suitcase can result in bending of the paddle. I also get extra attention from TSA with the Bencher paddle due to the lead base.

The Begali key family is in a class of its own. They are superb mechanically and aesthetically. The Traveler Light is a small, self-contained unit perfect for Dxpeditions or overseas contesting. The paddles fold into a protective slot during travel which minimizes any risk of damage. The key has a 1/8 stereo jack, so no wiring needed unlike other key brands. The CW is smooth and the tension is easily adjustable.

They send a leg strap with the key if you want to operate mobile. I have not done that but a friend has who says it is a perfect set up for the mobile HF op.

This is a fantastic solution for someone like me who wants to take a high quality paddle overseas but wants something that is durable and will arrive ready to perform.

Bruna organizes the sales of these paddles and does a fantastic job of treating every customer like a friend. The Begali company sets the standard for excellence in customer service.

HB9FMN Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2012 12:09 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding portable dual lever key  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Raised in a watchmaker family I am inclined to always look for the perfection when I buy equipments. Being also a passionate high speed CW operator, I have been always looking for the perfect CW key. When I tried and saw BEGALI keys for the first time, it was love at first sight. Bought myself a BEGALI magnetic pro 3 years ago with which I am extremely happy with. Since I also like operate during field days and SOTA activities, I was looking for a robust but high end CW key. I tried the BEGALI traveler light and adopted it immediately. It's top of the shelf quality, at least as good as my magnetic pro if not better.
Dealing with Bruna BEGALI when your order a key is a pleasure , you feel and are treated like if you would belong to the BEGALI family.
Guess what? Just ordered another Traveler light for my brother who just became 45 years old and dream of using such a terrific key.
It is probably not the last I will buy :-) I am already having an eye on some of those jewels engineered by
Pietro BEGALI.