Reviews Categories | Filters, Audio: (DSP and others) | HiPermite Help

Reviews Summary for HiPermite
HiPermite Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $19
Description: Narrow CW audio filter kit.
More info: http://www.4sqrp.com/HiPerMite.php

You can write your own review of the HiPermite.

W1JKA Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2014 08:44 Send this review to a friend
They Work  Time owned: more than 12 months
Along with a good antenna the HiPermite is the second most useful addition to any QRP radio from a K-1 down to a MFJ Cub and smaller.I have three all used externally. A must have if you are into QRP cw/dx.

KK4UGY Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2014 21:14 Send this review to a friend
Cool  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fast Shipping, easy build.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2013 15:37 Send this review to a friend
As expected=outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I choose to assemble it for a 0 gain and 700Hz. Also I made a mistake: I did mount a jumper instead of R13. That was wrong and I had to replace the cheap LM386. Looking at the schematic the TLC274 receive voltage supply through pin 7 of the LM386. I did miss this point.

The filter in action works very well. I also have an old DSP filter, a JPS NTR1 which is wide, the narrow filter is 3400hz. Adding the hi-per-mite also largely improves this old DSP filter for CW. Highly recommended.

KU3V Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2013 18:32 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for the Price!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Hi-Per-Mite cost $20. Fast shipping. Two hours to solder the components. Put the board into a small metal project box left over from another project. Added a double pole, double throw switch since I was using this filter externally between the transmitter and headphones. It either shorts across the input and output headphone jacks signal wire since the other is common ground to both. Then the battery positive wire is across the other switch choice. So either you have the battery off and bypass the Hi-Per-Mite or power is on and the signal from your transceiver has to go through the audio filter.
Tried it out and worked first try. Works very nicely at 200Hz as a low pass filter to remove the high frequency noise, etc. Made a contact with KA4BAT on my first try 300 miles away. The gain was perfect and between the gain and filtering he came in perfect. I very much like this audio filter and it filters tighter at 200 Hz than my FT-450, version A by Yaesu.
Buy one. You will not regret it!
KU3V
Bill

K6WHP Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2013 12:32 Send this review to a friend
Great Bang for the Double Sawbuck  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As with others, I stumbled across this on the The Four State QRP Group web site and ordered it. I was not sure about whether these were still available or not so, the next afternoon, I sent Dennis Gaskill to see if he got my order and were these still available, etc.

Imagine my surprise when I got an almost immediate response saying that my order had just shipped. It arrived yesterday (03-21-2013) and was assembled in an evening!

The resulting product is very good -- although I still have more testing to do as 40-30-20-15-10 were dead when I wrapped up work on the unit. What few CW signals I did hear benefited greatly form having this unit in line.

A caveat to new builders: some of the caps are non-conventionally marked but the pictures of assembled units help to make this a non-issue. Overall, the components are very good and the PCB is exceptional!

I constructed mine with a 100K pot in lieu of R12 and R13 so I could have an on-board volume control but, at second thought, I just might hard wire the fixed resistors in place and let the radio do the work. The LM386 it controls will provide ear-splitting din however, in case you're wondering.

My sincere thanks to Dennis and the Four State QRP crowd for a real winner!

NZ0T Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2012 14:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent filter at a great price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got one of these neat little filters to install in my Ten Tec 1330 30M QRP transceiver which has always suffered a bit with selectivity. The Hi-Per-Mite was just what I needed. It is inexpensive and there is excellent support from Four States QRP Group and the Yahoo group for the HPM. The filter is an easy build and there many ways it can be configured as an external filter or internally like I sis with the 1330. I highly recommend this filter!

KE7WAV Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2012 17:52 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great kit for a fantastic price! I saw a video on YouTube and decided to go for it. I built the kit in a little over an hour and it went together without any troubles, worked great the first time. It is a great narrow filter at about 200hz. It was a great kit to build even for a more novice builder. I love using it and it has dramatically improved the performance of my HW-8.