Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | Tower and Antenna Service by KL7WV Help

Reviews Summary for Tower and Antenna Service by KL7WV
Reviews: 44 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Professional tower, feedline, antenna construction, inspections and repairs by Tim, KL7WV aka W3YQ - home base is Elkins, West Virginia. Has 35 + years of experience. Comtrain Certified Tower Climber. Fully bonded and insured. Contact info:

Tim Jellison W3YQ/KL7WV KL7WV Tower Service 304 704 1196 kl7wv@kl7wv.com www.kl7wv.com

More info: http://www.kl7wv.com

You can write your own review of the Tower and Antenna Service by KL7WV.

N9WW Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2014 09:41 Send this review to a friend
Thanks Tim  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tim came out last October to help take down a 80' Rohn SSV tower and C3 beam/rotor for the widow of a SK. Not only is Tim a nice guy, he did the job quickly and safely.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Tim for any tower work. He's truly a professional!

Jim N9WW

KC3D Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2014 06:07 Send this review to a friend
Great work  Time owned: more than 12 months
Tim did a great job dismantling my antenna and rotor which were mounted on top of a 70 foot wooden phone pole. He carefully marked each of the parts and wrapped them for shipping. He arrived on time and with am amazing collection of tools and devices for the work that needed to be done. I would strongly recommend him for any antenna or tower work. His price is based on the time and he is very fair in his pricing.

KG8GO Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2014 07:37 Send this review to a friend
Great experience AGAIN  Time owned: months
If you need tower work, TIM is the guy!

Very thorough and excellent job and a neat guy to visit with!

WB9Z Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2014 06:00 Send this review to a friend
Super job Tim W3YQ/KL7WV  Time owned: more than 12 months
Tim worked at my QTH in East Central IL the week of Sept 15-19 2014. He safely removed a huge 3 element M2 80 meter that had broken in last winter storms. It was totally unbalanced, but Tim figured it out how to get it safely to the ground from 140'. He then installed a 7 element 10 meter yagi on a 42' boom on the same 140' tower. Earlier in the week he installed a 6 over 6 15 meter OWA yagi system at 60' & 120'. All work was safely completed VERY professionally. I will continue to use Tim whenever I need tower and antenna work professional done at my DX/Contest station. 73 Jerry WB9Z

N3RR Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2014 19:50 Send this review to a friend
Another terrific experience working with Tim, KL7WV  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
On September 11, 2014, we finished a successful 2 1/2 day job at my station with Tim, KL7WV, providing professional tower services for refurbishing three 20-year old antennas: 5L 15m beam @ 109', 5L 20M beam @ 100', and 5L 20m beam @ 50'. We took these three antennas down, refurbished them, and reinstalled them. Tim performed all the tower work; he replaced the LDF-4 Type-N connectors with UHF(F) connectors, and prepared all the new antenna pigtail RG-213 cables with PL-259 connectors. All antennas and feedlines work perfectly! Tim is safety-first, patient, accurate and knowledgeable. There was much to do to accomplish the work I had outlined and, with Tim's help, accomplished all of it - essentially putting my contest antennas in like-new condition, ready for another 20-years' service.
I would readily use KL7WV's tower services again. Tim met my schedule needs, was available for the three days' work when I needed him and performed flawless technical work for me. This is the third time I've used Tim's services this year - each time I was completely satisfied with Tim's professionalism, quality and dedication to the tasks at hand. I enthusiastically recommend Tim, KL7WV, for any ham radio antenna/tower project you may have. de: Bill, N3RR

N3RR Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2014 06:40 Send this review to a friend
Tim did great work tramming dwn & up two 40m beams for refurb.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've used Tim twice this year working on the antennas on my 134 ft tower. In June he rigged the cabling & rigging and trammed down my two 40M beams, helped refurbish them on the ground and Tim rigged and trammed them up and Tim reinstalled them on their ring rotors at 67 and 134 feet.

Tim will be here in September to tram down two 20M beams and a 15M beam which we will refurbish and Tim will reinstall them on their ring rotors.

Great experience with Tim, working on the 20year old antenna/tower system I originally designed & built with help from some of my friends in 1994 - 1997. Tim is cautious, safety first, and technically savvy. He reminds me of myself in the days when I was climbing.

N3US Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2014 20:09 Send this review to a friend
Tim is Awesome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I hired Tim to install 65 feet of Rohn 45G, a Diamdond vertical, and a Bencher Skyhawk with the challenges of sloping terrain and 85 feet tall oak trees near the tower planned location. On Tim's initial site survey he recommended locations for the two up slope and one down slope guy anchors. I separately did all the trig and Tim's recommendation was dead on and he did the math in his head. Tim was willing to work over July 4th week to accommodate my impatience to get back on the air with a real antenna after I relocated from Central OK to Central VA.

Tim was very meticulous, safety conscious (such as bringing hard hats for my local ground crew), patient with all our questions, corrected a few of my incorrect cable splices that were not part of this job, aptly explained to the ground crew what needed to be done, and used gauges and and two transients to ensure the guy wires were properly tensioned and the tower was plumb.

To keep my costs down, Tim stayed at my QTH and was a great house guest. My xyl and I really enjoyed his company and a relaxing dinner with him.

Hopefully, Tim will not be in a hurry to retire because he is an asset to our hobby. He treats fellow hams so fairly due to his high ethics. Lastly, Tim is fit and trim and that is who we want installing and maintaining our towers.

KL7SB Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2014 21:10 Send this review to a friend
Great tower guy  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Tim does careful and precise tower work. Hoping he makes another trip to KL7-land.

NZ4Z Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2014 19:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Install:

SteppIR DB-42 w/ 80M Rotatable Dipole
AN Wireless HHD-80 80 Foot Tower

After speaking with a fellow HAM, Tim Jellison was recommended to do my install. BEST DECISION I HAVE MADE IN THE HOBBY THUS FAR!
Tim provided great communication via phone, and email before he arrived, making sure we covered all our options, and that we were on the same page.
Tim stayed in my home for the whole week, and was an excellent house guest. Aside from his work, he is a pleasure to have around.
Tim worked a full day, and the best thing was, he didn't rush. He made sure it was done right, and done the 1st time. He comes with many years of experience from a well known cellular company, and he brings with him all the tricks of the trade. I would hate to see how much the man spends on electrical tape.....HIHI.
Simply put.....with Tim, you get the BEST. A plan is laid out, he sticks to it, works his butt off, and it's DONE RIGHT!
Any questions.....catch me on 3.990 9:30pm to 11:00pm est.

73'

W3AG Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2014 19:13 Send this review to a friend
Tower takedown at W3AG  Time owned: more than 12 months
Tim does excellent work and I highly recommend his tower services. In my case, a plan to downsize led to my decision to enlist Tim's services. It was a beneficial learning experience to work with Tim in a ground support role. Safety is paramount. After I saw my antennas up close on the ground, I realized the importance of ongoing preventative maintenance. There is substantial value added to Tim's service due to his extensive network of ham operators, knowledge of vendors and his own impressive accomplishments in ham radio. If your goal is to erect an effective antenna system, Tim will work with you to build a cost effective and radio effective solution. If you already have your tower(s) and beam(s) up and running, Tim has much expertise in preventive maintenance to keep it operating at a high level of performance.