Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | PowerWerx SPS-30DM Help

Reviews Summary for PowerWerx SPS-30DM
PowerWerx SPS-30DM Reviews: 22 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $160
Description: Powerwerx Variable 30 Amp Desktop Power Supply with Digital Meters
More info: http://www.powerwerx.com/power-supplies/variable-digital-meters-30-amp-desktop-power-supply.html

You can write your own review of the PowerWerx SPS-30DM.

KW4HR Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2015 13:21 Send this review to a friend
No Problems  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had originally considered an Astron RS 35M which I have complete confidence in but this one was recommended to me by a supplier and found info to back up their claims. I've had this hooked up to a Yaesu FT 450D since it was installed in Jan. of 2015 and has not had one issue but only 6 months usage. I like the continuous readout on the front panel of voltage and amperage plus the variable output voltage 5-16 VDC. It is also 115/230 selectable input voltage. So I'm a happy camper so far. Can't say anything negative. So I'd say it is a safe bet even though the overall rating is 3.9 here and some have had issues.

KK8ZZ Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2015 17:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent PS Great Price  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Used this with an IC-7600, Flex-6300 and IC-7100... no hash, no problems. Display is nice to have for the OCD folks among us.

W7USN Rating: 2/5 May 17, 2015 07:07 Send this review to a friend
NOT FOR HF  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Nice looking supply but noisy on HF right out of the box. Talked to their tech Michael and let him
listen to the birdie on 1.855 and was issued RMA form and shipping label. After they got it back, I was told it was in spec! Refund, minus shipping was issued quickly.
Good customer service but supply is not ready for HF yet.

73/W7USN

W8SDG Rating: 2/5 Mar 20, 2015 15:05 Send this review to a friend
RFI generatori  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Nice regulation and provides the power needed for K3/100 and P3 BUT the nasty moving raspy noise on 80 meter C.W. forces me to operate battery only. I use the Powerwerx to recharge the A123 LiFePo4 while I'm off the air.

Back to one of my heavy, huge, but quiet Astrons until a genuinely quiet switcher comes along.

VE7LE Rating: 0/5 Dec 16, 2014 00:05 Send this review to a friend
NOT a 30 amp power supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Here is EXACTLY as it is advertised quote
"Powerwerx Variable 30 Amp Desktop DC Power Supply with Digital Meters"

On the bottom of the power supply it reads "25A".

Is that false advertising or what? Great strategy marketing department.

Now, if they advertised it as a 25 amp supply I would give it an actual rating.
Nice power supply though. Works good with my 100 watt amp and KX3 no problems so far. Great form factor. Would be nice if the decimal would move on the current reading as the current changed.

But still not a 30 amp power supply so a ZERO.

KJ4GZI Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2014 05:52 Send this review to a friend
Never a problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had this power supply for over 18 months and not a problem. I us it with both my IC-2200H and TS-590. I have never had any noise issues with my radios. I mostly due digital on HF and never hear the fan in the power supply. When using high power on SSB you can hear the fan speed up if you transmit for a length of time.

N9VV Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2014 18:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent P/S  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I replaced an old Astron power supply after I found that it sagged badly when loaded down. My new SPS-30DM is running my new rig at full power (100W) without any noise or problems of any kind. I especially like the digital readout that tells me exactly what my VDC and Amps are with just a glance at the bright RED LED's. Well done PowerWerx!
73 de Ken N9VV

K7FD Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2014 18:07 Send this review to a friend
Small but packs a wallop!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Replaced my Astron RS35A to power my 100 watt Ten Tec Eagle. This little switching supply is awesome! It's so small you won't believe it...but it easily powers my Eagle without blinking an eye. The volt and amp meters are a great touch, too. No RFI hash detected anywhere I operate, 80 through 10 meters. The fan noise is minimal...

The Astron was cutting out to zero voltage output about every 3rd time I powered up the Eagle. Sent it to Astron and they repaired it but problem persisted. The PowerWerx supply works every time.

Happy with purchase.

AE7VT Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2013 21:38 Send this review to a friend
The Best Yet  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this power supply just a bit skeptical over it's rating and really compact size. It looks really good and easily blends with other equipment. Mine is used primarily with my IC-7200 HF rig and separate VHF and UHF mobile radios. It is replacing my RS-20M that has been used for many years.

After putting it through a workout for the last four days, I have yet to even get it 'warm' to the touch and the fan rarely comes on. It is very stable and there is no 'hash' or interference that I can find from 80m to 6m. The threaded studs on the rear panel for DC output are very sturdy and allow for a variety of connections and do not limit use to power pole connectors only. All of my DC connections utilize the Anderson Power Poles.

PowerWerx definitely has a winner with the SPS-30DM. I would strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a small, quiet and reliable switching power supply. I expect to have this one for a long time to come.

KE0Q Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2013 07:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Power Supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm using the SPS-30DM with a Kenwood TS-590S. There's no hash, it's stable, quiet and the digital readout is excellent. It's a little overpriced but I wouldn't hesitate buying another another one if I need another P.S.