Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | ACOM 1500 Help

Description: Acom 1500 - 1500w PEP (1200w carrier modes) 160 through 6m
manual band change and tuning. 3 Antenna Outputs, 1x 4CX1000
final.
More info: http://www.acom-bg.com/home.html

You can write your own review of the ACOM 1500.

W1UFL Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2017 04:45 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Amplifier  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased about 2 months ago. Very easy to tune and absolutely quiet. Very well constructed. Couldn't be happier with it. If your on the fence about an Acom, go for it !

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2017 20:20 Send this review to a friend
Repeatable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
ACOM 1500 tuning is repeatable an fast, very quite, lots of safe guards, looks good in the shack, 1500w is easy with 65w drive on 160m. On a trade with HRO last year got a new ALS1300 a 1200w nice unit but on long transmission sometimes it would trip out a safty in the tuner or in the ALS 1300 I don't like having to repeat myself on 160m where I use it most, both devices are
RF scening, had to put the Pal-star in manual so it would not happen. The ACOM 1500, ended the problem, don't think the 300w extra watts makes much differance on the top end but its there if needed, the ACOM 1500 works well with the Pal-star. The ACOM 1500 looks an feels like it is built to last an I am a HAPPY CAMPER an a poorer HAM ....................kb6hrt

WR3KI Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2016 12:39 Send this review to a friend
Solid legal limit amp   Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had the 1500 Acom in the shack for 13 months now, & I'd say the shake down cruise is over. It is a quiet & well built amp. Effortless legal limit amp. Tune up is different, but very, very smooth. Take a look at the U-tube videos on the subject.

Build quality is right up there with the old alphas of yester-year. Runs a single 4cx1000a, which can be had for a decent price, unlike the 8877. Lots of pulls, used & new available. I recently picked up a NOS tube for $350.

All in all, a good solid legal limit amp that won't break the bank & holds its value.

OZ1LWT Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2016 06:32 Send this review to a friend
Great Amplifier.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Easy to tune and get on frequency.
Protections for all faults.
Great looking, very quiet, and tunes into antenna loads without a tuner.

Vy best 73 de OZ1LWT.

K3MEJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2016 12:42 Send this review to a friend
Best amp ever!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have owned a lot of amplifiers and the ACOM 1500 is by far the best of all them. The amp is quiet, tuning is easy, and the display gives you a ton of information. Their customer service in Bulgaria is superb. I needed their help and Val was very responsive.

N1IK Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2015 09:00 Send this review to a friend
First impressions are outstanding...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had my ACOM 1500 for just two days now, but the initial report is 5.0/5.0. I'll post a follow up report in several months.

The unit arrived from HRO double boxed and in perfect condition. I had it unboxed and on the air in just 15 minutes.

I'm getting the hang of tuning with the TRI tuning aid, and so far it seems to take all the pain out of tuning.

Once tuned, it just spits out the power. I am able to drive the unit to full legal limit on SSB and CW into well-matched antennas with ease.

I know ACOM is coming out with an update for this amp, but I didn't care. I don't do digital modes, and never will, so the 1200W limit on continuous carrier like RTTY isn't interesting to me. (And on top of that, 300 more watts is 1/10th of an S-unit on the other end, so who cares.)

What made me select this model over waiting for a new, updated model is that this model is tried and true and has a perfect review score on eHam. Who knows what a new model will be like in terms of bugs, reliability, and so on.

So far, I am very happy.

This unit will be the sister to my REALLY old Alpha 87A, which is just about to be sent out for repairs to fix a zero sensor.

VK4SX Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2015 13:16 Send this review to a friend
Nothing has changed  Time owned: more than 12 months
Absolutely Wonderful tube amplifier,
after 3 yrs ownership, with infrequent use, what a pleasure to come back to THIS AMP, after spending time with similar type amplifiers,
nothing else to be said,
a person has to spend some time with this ACOM 1500 to really appreciate the thought that has gone into the manufacture.
Excellent in every way.
Cheers
Dennis vk4sx
ps
quieter then some SS desktop amps

K7JQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2015 16:45 Send this review to a friend
Ditto to all the other superlatives  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased this amp almost two months ago from DX Engineering, replacing an Acom 1000. Just like the 1000, it's quiet, and super easy to tune...just 400-500 watts more. I put it through its paces in the CQWW SSB DX contest last weekend, and it performed flawlessly for hours on end. Not much more to say in addition to all the other 5/5 reviews. Bob, W5OV, at DXE was very patient in answering all my questions, and they are now an authorized Acom service and repair center. If you're looking for a reliable, quality-built legal limit amp at a fair price, you can't go wrong with the Acom 1500.

W9BDN Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2015 06:27 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this amp last week and still getting use to the tuning which is a bit different. My decision to buy this amp was due to the excellent reviews. So far I really love this amplifier after retiring my trusty ole Henry 3KA after 30 years. The 1500 is extremely quite to operate, I can't hear it switch from RX to TX and the blower is also very quiet. Would recommend this amplifier to anyone. 73's Steve W9BDN

KE5JA Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2015 11:12 Send this review to a friend
Super Amp  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Fantastic amp, super easy to tune, very quiet, will do 1500+ watts all day long. I have also owned an ACOM 1000 for about five years and love that amp. The 1500 was not out yet when I bought the 1000. Last fall when I purchased equipment for my A93JA station, I wanted more power and the ACOM 1500 was exactly what I wanted. I never have had a problem with either the ACOM 1000 or 1500. I would never buy an amp from any other manufacturer!