Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | ACOM 1500 Help

Description: Acom 1500 - 1500w PEP (1200w carrier modes) 160 through 6m
manual band change and tuning. 3 Antenna Outputs, 1x 4CX1000
final.
More info: http://www.acom-bg.com/home.html

You can write your own review of the ACOM 1500.

KE5JA Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2015 11:12 Send this review to a friend
Super Amp  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Fantastic amp, super easy to tune, very quiet, will do 1500+ watts all day long. I have also owned an ACOM 1000 for about five years and love that amp. The 1500 was not out yet when I bought the 1000. Last fall when I purchased equipment for my A93JA station, I wanted more power and the ACOM 1500 was exactly what I wanted. I never have had a problem with either the ACOM 1000 or 1500. I would never buy an amp from any other manufacturer!

W4PIG Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2015 11:24 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING AMP  Time owned: more than 12 months
I HAVE HAD MY ACOM 1500 NOW FOR A YEAR THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST AMP I HAVE EVER OWNED. I WOULD GIVE IT A 10 IF I COULD. MUCH BETTER THAN THE ALPHA 9500 OR ANY ALPHA. BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE WILL DO 1500 WATTS ALL DAY LONG. 73

WZ1U Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2015 12:07 Send this review to a friend
This a Keeper !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had quite a few legal limit amplifiers during my years in Ham radio, but the ACOM 1500 ranks at the top...I new when I sold my ACOM 1000 that I made a mistake, but this time I'm not going to make another mistake again...It puts out the legal limit on SSB with ease, its quiet and the ease of tuning using the TRI tuning aid makes it a breeze...The 4CX1000A tube is available from different sources on the internet and not a problem at all...Plus dealing with Jay at Array solutions made it an easy decision purchasing an amplifier knowing that they will take care of it if ever a problem exits....Thanks Jay for your good customer service..

K4USV Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2015 18:39 Send this review to a friend
Top-Notch Amplifier  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It's difficult for me to resist giving the Acom 1500 an "over-the-top" review. I've had it in my shack for only a month, but it seems as though I've had it for years. From day one, this amplifier has been a breeze to operate...quiet, relatively cool...fail-safe and most of all...FUN! My favorite feature is the switchable 6 db attenuator at the amp input which is used during the initial tune-up phase. I purchased the Acom 1500 from Array Solutions and their service, just like the amplifier, is "top-notch".

W5RDW Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2015 15:42 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding amp!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought my Acom 1500 from Array Solutions sometime ago. No problems whatsoever. It lets you know when it senses things are not right and I have accidentally exercised that feature a few times! :) I use a K3 to drive it at around 45-50 watts input. Very simple to tune up. Would recommend it to others.

NW0Q Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2014 19:11 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a great amp with intuitive tuning controls; performs as promised. Solid and well-built. Great service and response from Array Solutions as well.

K3UL Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2014 04:56 Send this review to a friend
Great Amplifier  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the 1500 three months ago and have used it on all bands and modes except for 6 meters. It does everything as advertised. I have used it in the CQWW RTTY and SSB contests and it just performed flawlessly. On RTTY, it doesn't even get hot running 1200 watts. I'm thrilled with my purchase and am planning the purchase of the 2000A. Oh, and the tune up is a breeze. Now that I am familiar with the amplifier and have the tuning charts complements of Array Solutions, I can make band changes and be ready to go in 5 to 10 seconds. If you are considering an all band amplifier, give a serious look at the Acom 1500. 73, Bob K3UL

WB4OQX Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2014 12:39 Send this review to a friend
I'm Impressed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my 1500 yesterday. It feels solid and works as advertised. I wanted a tube amp that would do 1500 watts on 160 and 6 meters - this one does and is easy to tune and well protected against operator error. Very pleased with Array Solutions products and service as always.

K5RR Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2014 06:08 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding amplifier  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used the Acom 1500 this weekend in the CQWW SSB Contest, the first time I've used it in a contest. It did an outstanding job. I was especially impressed with its ability to operate into SWRs up to 2:1, albeit at reduced power, and its instant shutdown when I inadvertently had the wrong band's antenna connected. I also like the extensive metering available. This amplifier just silently goes about doing what it's supposed to do.

KE4KY Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2014 15:48 Send this review to a friend
Very, Very Pleased!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After much research and deliberation, I recently purchased an Acom 1500 HF/6m amplifier. I own a collector quality Drake L4B, but was interested in something with all the modern features, including 160m & 6m. The Drake will remain, but now relegated to only casual use from here on out.

Prior to my purchase, I found myself continually comparing features of other manufacturers to the Acom brand. I always came back to Acom due to their known quality and reputation. With several of my friends also owning Acom amps, the best review of a manufacturer or product comes from those folks that can provide you honest and personal testimony about the product you wish to purchase.

My first choice of vendor...Array Solutions! Prior to the purchase, Bob at Array Solutions answered all of my questions regarding the shipping, set-up, & operation of the unit. Having someone take the time to answer my many questions prior to such a major purchase was quite reassuring.

When purchasing from Array Solutions, the techs inspect all aspects of the amplifier & give it a test run prior to shipping. After being repackaged, it is then placed into an additional carton for extra protection during S/H. When opened, it truly was plug-n-play!

As stated, the TRI tuning aid assists the operator in performing quick adjustments while tuning, and is reassuring the op that all settings are just right. The manual is straightforward and explains the amplifier adequately. The assorted menu items of the amplifier are easy to learn and easy to navigate.

I have only used the amplifier for a handful of contacts at this point, but I am certainly looking forward to the upcoming contest season, as well as utilizing the amplifier for some needed DXpeditions looming on the horizon. (Can you say "Heard Island?")

So many reviews of amplifiers speak of fan noise, relay noise, etc.. I found no distracting qualities in this regard.

I am very happy with my decision regarding the Acom 1500, and doubly pleased with the way that Array Solutions handled my purchase.

I will revisit my review in a couple of months and follow up with additional observations.

See in the next pile-up!

Glenn KE4KY