Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Easy Digi Interface by KF5INZ Help

Reviews Summary for Easy Digi Interface by KF5INZ
Easy Digi Interface by KF5INZ Reviews: 21 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $36.95 +
Description: The KF5INZ “EASY DIGI” "VOX" IPhone/IPad/IPod Touch interface

This is the “VOX" version of our interface made for the Apple I "Devices"

ALSO WORKS WITH DROID II PHONE!

We have extended the design of our "Easy Digi" interface to now include
the Apple IPhone,IPad,and IPod touch devices. The pictures above show
the "Easy Digi" "IDevice" connected to a 32 gb 4th gen IPod touch. The
other two pictures show actual screen shots of the Ipod receiving a QSO
on PSK-31. The App we used for this is called PSKer by Mark Oskin. This
app is in the Apple App store and onlyc osts $2.99. There are several
other apps that cost a little more but have more features. The sortware
App to use is strictly up to you. We also are using a different App which
provides a much nicer waterfall display (full color) for $4.99. Called I-
Psk31 in the App store.

This interface uses the VOX circuit of your transciever to do PTT,therefore
it does leave out a lot of vhf radios,but we're working on that. Will work
with about all modern hf and multi-mode transcievers that have built in
VOX. Pricing is $36.95 plus shipping ($5.15 priority mail shipping in the
U.S.).

Included is the cable to connect to your IDevice,a cable to connect to
your radio external speaker jack,and a cable to connect to your
microphone connector. Other configurations may be available on special
request. Please contact us.

Simply hook up per the enclosed wiring diagram, load your App,turn on
the radio and have fun.
More info: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=320959229613&index=9&nav=SEARCH&nid=67845495912

You can write your own review of the Easy Digi Interface by KF5INZ.

KC8YEC Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2017 15:43 Send this review to a friend
Great product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I couldn't be happier. I have built two of these now. I use them for nbems for our Rescue Team. Originally I had wired in a ftdi USB cable. But to avoid driver conflicts, I used the Vox on the HTS. To connect the HTS I purchased a couple of baofeng microphones and cut the cables off of them. Wiring these in gave me the proper connectors for baofeng, other Chinese radios, or Kenwood HTS. Easy to put together, easy to wire, and I have 3D printed some enclosures for the circuit boards. I will definitely order more of these in the future. I do use a signalink USB on my main station. But for field use these are excellent!

KO6WL Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2017 20:31 Send this review to a friend
Works well, great support!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have an Elecraft K2 and no digital experience. KF5INZ worked with me and answered my many questions. He even rewired my unit to make my setup work! Using BPSK31 is fun. Easy Digi is a good product in my opinion.

AC2JB Rating: 1/5 Jun 4, 2017 14:40 Send this review to a friend
No instructions, no author contact info, aviod this product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Not so easy with KX3 and iPhone .
I had hopes that this cable hook up might easily work with my iphone and kx3. I tried everything but could not get transmit to work. It would key up and send but the putput appeared very distorted.
The interface kit I bought was via ebay and i had no contact email to get in touch with the producer.
Also came with no instructions.
No contact info,
No instructions,
Avoid this product!

KE0NAZ Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2017 10:21 Send this review to a friend
Great for QRP  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got it for QRP for my 'droid tablet & could not believe how nice for the price it is. Does as advertised. Great guy too he answered my silly questions without fail. Highly recommend it for iPhones & 'droids . Maximum value & portability. Cant say enough or you would think I'm being paid !

KJ4FGI Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2017 01:48 Send this review to a friend
$9.95 in kit form, Excellent   Time owned: more than 12 months
KF5INZ sells it on ebay in kit form, all the parts $9.95, you can't beat that. I built it for my Kenwood TS-950SD.

I also have the Signalink USB so I can swap radios quickly by plugging in a chip and a swap of cables but for a single radio this is great, if you want you can take the time and make this adaptable for other radios.

It is most definitely worth the $9.95 and even if you want to use it on other radios it is worth and cost effective to purchase a couple.

73s, Eddie

KC4TAC Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2016 17:24 Send this review to a friend
Works Like a Champ  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Simple to use, took 15 minutes to set-up Fldigi. Windows 10 loaded the drivers so I didn't have to, Has the a REAL FTDI chip in the USB connector so you don't have to mess with rolling back drivers. Just a well made inexpensive device that WORKS with my Yaesu FT-450D for half the price of a Signalink USB and no extra cables to buy.

WD4NOM Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2016 17:57 Send this review to a friend
Great, except -  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Finished assembly and started the smoke test. It would not drive my PTT line (old ICOM radio). It needed to sink only 50mA but did not come close. A little research showed that the opto-coupler had a low current transfer ratio. I solved the problem by reducing the RS-232 current limit resistor. However, the best solution would be to replace the opto-coupler with a 4N33 darlington version. But it does work great.

WA7RIG Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2016 14:50 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First, assembling and soldering the board was a snap! Problem was in my clumsiness I broke a cap. I emailed Clifford and told him I would pay for a replacement, he just sent me a new one on professional courtesy. Then during a wiring problem I again emailed Clifford and he willingly allowed me to send it to him to check it out. Turns out my connector was bad. This guy is fanominal! I would recommend this product to anyone!

K7TCE Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2016 21:48 Send this review to a friend
Great interface  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This review is for the board kit. For $10 plus shipping this is a phenomenal deal.

Fun Project: take two 3.5mm male to male stereo cables and cut them (about 6" one side for PC audio and the remainder to the radio). Wire them to the four audio in/out connections on the board. Label the radio cables! Get a USB sound card dongle and plug the short PC audio cables to it. A USB "A" male to "A" female extension cable connected to the dongle and voila - a USB cable output to the computer (much cleaner and more rugged than plugging the dongle into the PC). Wire 3.5mm in-line female connectors to the appropriate radio mic connectors (which will allow VOX operation), and 3.5mm in-line female connectors to the appropriate radio rear panel radio data connectors (for AF out fixed output - allowing you to use your radio's speaker to monitor). Place inside a project box and you've built a universal digital interface.

KE7AOU Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2016 12:45 Send this review to a friend
Great Service Too  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've bought 3 of these as simple kits without the enclosures. It's the easiest and least expensive way of interfacing whatever radio to your computer sound card or portable device without going out and looking for the parts yourself. I've communicated with Clifford a few times about different changes I've wanted to make to the unit (changing the attenuation values for different applications etc). Clifford has always responded promptly to my emails and has been very helpful.