Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Elecraft Repair by W3FPR Help

Reviews Summary for Elecraft Repair by W3FPR
Elecraft Repair by W3FPR Reviews: 17 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Repair and alignment of Elecraft kits.
More info: http://www.qsl.net/w3fpr/index.htm

You can write your own review of the Elecraft Repair by W3FPR.

KK5IB Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2014 20:27 Send this review to a friend
K2 Full Upgrade  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My K2 was an older one in need of a complete upgrade, Rev A to B, new crystals, plus all the upgrades available from Elecraft. This required 100 plus steps plus total alignment. Total turnaround time was two weeks including shipping time. Everything was done correctly including finding some defects I didn't know about. Very pleased with results.

K9DTH Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2014 18:08 Send this review to a friend
K1 Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent a K1 to Don that had transmit problems.He was super fast on the repair and very fair on the charge. I highly recommend him.

W7GS Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2014 10:36 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding k2 service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent my K2 which had a power control problem that I couldn't find for the life of me. After Don tried to help but I ended up sending the rig to Don. He went thru not only fixing the original problem and squared away this I never noticed. The turn around was very fast and the cost was very very fair and reasonable. I highly recommend Don for any Elecraft work you may need done.

G0EFO Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2014 04:26 Send this review to a friend
Comments on K2 repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my early K2 second hand and it never worked really well from the start. Low sensitivity on all bands was the main issue and some repairs had been performed to a very poor standard. I packed it up and took it over with me on a trip to USA, posting it on to Don W3FPR on arrival. Within 24 hours he had inspected the radio and emailed me his recommendations, which I accepted. Within 10 days the work had been completed, bringing my K2 up to the latest standard. Don shipped it back to UK right away, charging a very modest sum for his efforts. Iím delighted with the result and can thoroughly recommend Don for his K2 expertise, courtesy and excellent service. Mike G0EFO.

K6JW Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2014 13:57 Send this review to a friend
Honorable service from Don  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
In August of 2013, I sent my K2 to Don with three concerns: distorted transmission audio, reduced range of RF gain, and intermittent display of the high current warning. Without going into the details, let me say that Don repaired the radio and recommended some upgrading, which I did myself once the radio was returned to me. Because the radio isn't a "shack regular", it got stored for about six months until I took it on an IOTA DXpedition, where it became apparent that the display was 120 Hz below the actual tuned frequency. Don graciously accepted the radio back and recalibrated it for me at no charge except that I paid postage in both directions. The radio now appears fine. I recommend Don for your Elecraft repairs. He's thorough, honest, and helpful.

W7WO Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2014 17:16 Send this review to a friend
Clarification of cost  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi, After reading my review I felt the need to clarify the costs incurred were Elecraft parts that were damaged due to my careless act. Don is very efficient and his fees are always on the reasonable side.

Now I can sleep...
73 Bob w7wo

KF7GC Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2014 12:32 Send this review to a friend
Excellant Service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had been assembling my K2 for a long time. I contacted Don and asked if he could finish my K2 and install 5 options. He not only did all of that in a very reasonable amount of time, but kept me informed of everything he did as the project proceeded. He finished, aligned, and calibrated it perfectly.
I have not had such a thorough and prompt person to work on Elecraft radios before. Since my K2 has been back it works perfectly all the time. I have never had so much fun with a radio before. Thanks Don for all your fine help. 73 Tomy

VE5RC Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2014 13:41 Send this review to a friend
fix my K2  Time owned: more than 12 months
My K2 needed 2 new front panel switches. I also asked Don to upgrade from level A to level B along with alignment and calibration. Don kept in touch with me while doing the work if he had questions or suggestions. Don did a professional job and I wouldn't hesitate to use his super service again. The day I rcvd my K2 back from Don I banged off a contact in the weekly fox hunt. 73 Bruce ve5rc

VE7SHM Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2014 18:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very happy with my K-2 now i did not care for it when i bought it used last year .But W3FPR (DON) did a upgrade and alignment very very happy with radio now ........

W3BBO Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2014 05:30 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Built my K2 back in 1999 and have tried to keep it up to date. The volume control had gotten scratchy and the RIT control became erratic. The XYL and I have recently "downsized" and I no longer have a workbench, so I shipped my K2 off to Don W3FPR, who gave it a quick review and suggested a couple mods in addition to replacing the bad controls, plus a complete realignment.
The turnaround was very quick and I had my K2 back in the shack in just over a week.