Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | K0XG Ring Rotor Help

Reviews Summary for K0XG Ring Rotor
K0XG Ring Rotor Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $3400
Description: Ring rotor manufactured by K0XG
More info: http://www.k0xg.com/home/

You can write your own review of the K0XG Ring Rotor.

KU2M Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2015 13:48 Send this review to a friend
King of the Rings  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very few products in today's world impress like K0XG's Orbital Ring Rotor. Manufacturing quality and value is off the charts. This rotor replaced a ProSisTel RR 55D Pro, which simply wilted and collapsed under the weight of a SteppIR DB36 yagi, despite a ProSisTel-made "stiffener kit" which did little to help. The very same antenna on the K0XG? I was a bit shell-shocked after all the problems with the PST ring and was worried that problems would persist, but when I lowered and mounted the 160+ pound SteppIR DB36 on the K0XG Ring, it was as if the rotor didn't even know it was there! Built to the highest standards, the K0XG ring is solid, stable, and easily supports not just a very large and heavy antenna, but my own weight as well, thus serving as an excellent work platform. Rotating, it's no slow poke - when it worked, the PST seemingly took forever to turn; by comparison, the K0XG ring is a turbo-charged powerhouse that won't have you wondering if the contest will be over or the DX gone by the time the antenna gets around to where you need it. How fast is it? Virtually as fast or faster than my M2 Orion, which turns another DB36 at the top of the tower. Supplied with its industry benchmark Green Heron control box, the K0XG ring can be slaved to another GH box for accurate, digital-pulse-measured, one-box control of an antenna stack. The team of K0XG and Green Heron still embody the finest qualities of classic American manufacturing - heavy duty, designed right, and built to last. It seems like it will turn anything with ease - during recent 50mph winds, while my Orion was completely stalled, the K0XG was calmly and reliably turning the identical size and windload array as if there was no weather at all. It virtually snoozed through a long, tough winter, and never gave me a bit of trouble or a moment's worry in any of the numerous contests in which it was given a good workout. My only quibbles were with the instruction manual, and a water seal gasket on the (included) ground-mounted relay power box that led to water accumulation in the box, but these relatively minor issues were quickly resolved with Richard's help - when I told him of the water seal problem, Richard immediately sent a brand new relay box replacement - at his expense - and I was back in operation in just a few days - what incredible service! If you have the cojones to install this thing (its weight approaches 300 pounds and it is NOT for the faint of heart) and a tower that can handle it (mine is on Rohn 55G), don't make the same mistake I did - the K0XG ring rotator costs a little more, but in terms of the performance, reliability and peace of mind it will bring you, it is a genuine bargain. Thank you, Richard, for a truly "super" product.

K0MD Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2012 19:25 Send this review to a friend
Well Built  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought the K0XG ring rotor after having poor luck with the TIC ring rotor. The K0XG is a significant upgrade from the TIC. It is huge and heavy. I think it weighs around 250 pounds. It is enormous. I told Richard the designer and manufacturer that I thought it would hold and turn a small car.

It is strong, well built and over-engineered for most ham antennas. I have a 49 ft Yagi on it which it turns easily.

The rotor mates with a Green Heron control box. Both are amazing.

Richard gives superb customer service. He came to my home to trouble shoot the problems I was having. He also helped me later over the telephone.

This is an outstanding ring rotor that most hams would be very pleased to own.