Reviews Categories | Weather Stations | Weather Station Software Help

Reviews Summary for Weather Station Software
Weather Station Software Reviews: 3 Average rating: 2.3/5 MSRP: $49.95 - 99.95
Description: Software used to collect and distribute weather station data via the Internet or Web Page
More info: http://www.ambientweather.com/virtualstation.html

You can write your own review of the Weather Station Software.

W0WFX Rating: 0/5 Feb 24, 2017 23:02 Send this review to a friend
VWS NO LONGER WORKS WITH WEATHER UNDERGROUND  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used VWS for 10 years and enjoyed the product and the data feeds I received while using VWS. It used WeatherUnderground for data and information features and these are not longer functional. WU changed their API's and the developer of the product has opted not to update the software at this time. Maybe they will in the future but all indications are they have stopped updates to VWS. It is still for sale, just be aware that many of the features no longer function. Rating is 0 due to software no longer being updated, but developer is still selling.

KC5LEI Rating: 2/5 Apr 17, 2016 10:02 Send this review to a friend
Poor Customer Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
For what it does, it's ok. However, customer service sucks. There is no way to manually adjust data. So if you need to restore data after a crash or failure, you are screwed.

There is also no way to add manual data. For example, if you want to add Cocorahs manual rain totals to compare to AWS data, you cannot do so.

I pointed this out to tgem, and after taking exception rudely I might add, this was my answer:

"At this point, I have decided not to develop new features. Its just not worth my time (and all of the disappointment that follows).

Ed"

I do not recommend this software...

KB1NXE Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2012 21:12 Send this review to a friend
Does it all  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using Virtual Weather Station for years to accumulate and update the current weather data to the Internet. I also use it to create a display of pertinent weather data from my weather station on a computer system for instantaneous readouts. Absolutely phenomenal!

Will auto upload data to many of the popular weather web sites. Will also download data from NWS. Charting at a glance and gauges as well.

The manufacturer software could learn a thing or two from Ambient Weather!