Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Palstar SP30B Help

Reviews Summary for Palstar SP30B
Palstar SP30B Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: Wooden enclosure small communications speaker
More info: http://palstar.com/sp30.php

You can write your own review of the Palstar SP30B.

K6MWL Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2014 12:17 Send this review to a friend
Soilid Performer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I replaced a Icom SP-21 with this speaker. Nicer fidelity. Deeper, not so tinny, and hash and static are a bit easier to listen to. Sound is not hollow or echoy. No DSP, but my rig has it (FT 897-D), and the price reflects that it is simply an extension speaker that makes it all somewhat easier to listen to. Would buy again for sure. $99 is great deal considering the performance, and build quality. Made in USA.

KZ1X Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2014 05:46 Send this review to a friend
I have two  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Several others have commented on using the SP30B with the Elecraft K3. My K3 has both receivers, and I use them for diversity as well as DX chasing. I have a Sennheiser PC350 stereo headset for phone operating, plus two Palstar SP30B speakers, as I often prefer listening to CW that way. The SP30B speakers sound so good, I have a tendency to just use them to listen to most everything, more than I expected that I would. They are the right size, the right color, the right impedance, the right sensitivity ... in short, about as good a match as you can get for this application. They replaced some Motorola mobile communications speakers, which were pretty good too, but the SP30B are better.

KD5J Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2014 16:48 Send this review to a friend
Great speaker  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased this speaker from DX Engineering to go along with my Elecraft K3. I got mine with the black cabinet - it looks great besides sounding great next to the radio. It has a rich full sound and I am very pleased with it.

AOCSGIL Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2013 22:27 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Speaker  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I recently purchased the SP30B to use with my Alinco DX-R8 receiver. The speaker in the Alinco is very small and an upgrade was in order.

I am familiar with Palstar products as I have owned a Palstar R30 Receiver. Let me say that the SP30B is an outstanding, quality built desktop speaker...The sound is full and seems to accent the lower mid-range. It sounds great on music or voice, additionally ,I find the sound to be pleasant to listen to and not subject to listener fatigue. The size is perfect for desktop (7"x7"x5") not to big or deep like some desktop speakers. It contains a single 4" speaker and the fit and finish of the product is above average. It is available in ether Rose wood or Black wood finish with a black front face plate. I chose the black wood finish to match my Alinco Receiver. It is a great product in the fine Palstar tradition and a handsome addition to anyones shack. FIVE STARS!

N9ZI Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2013 04:34 Send this review to a friend
Great Speaker  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased to use with my TS-590S and am very happy with the rich mellow sound on both CW & SSB. It fits nicely between the rig and the amp. I also had before this one the big one, which was also great, but this one fit my space better and sounds wonderful as well.

N5RNY Rating: 4/5 Oct 7, 2013 17:03 Send this review to a friend
good sound  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Nice rich sound, seems to even help with hearing through the static. Perfect size to place on a shelf or operating desk.

Does not come with a cable, you will need to provide one.

WDX2RVO Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2013 10:02 Send this review to a friend
Exceptional  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the SP30B to match my Palstar R30A. Use in both AM and SSB mode is excellent, with a rich sound that is crystal clear. Build quality is solid and the cherry wood case has a black front, matching the R30A nicely. Highly recommended for its price and performance that would enhance any listening post.

WD8DKB Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2012 13:48 Send this review to a friend
perfect for my IC-7200  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased a Palstar SP30B speaker to use with my IC-7200. The speaker on the 7200 is very good considering its size. But I wanted a bit more fullness to the receive audio for ssb and shortwave listening. I had it's bigger brother and it worked great. But , I'm now building my station into a nice secretary's desk and the larger speaker is not going to fit. Sold it and bought the SP30B. It is just right in size and the speaker sounds great. The cabinet is solid and very well built. It has several types of connections available on the rear of the cabinet. I chose the black to match my IC-7200. It will fit perfect in its new location and add to the fun of using this fine rig. It is not as expensive as most optional matching speakers and sounds better than most in my opinion. I will not hesitate to purchase another one when I receive my 2nd 7200 . Thanks for reading. Max

W7TAE Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2012 14:45 Send this review to a friend
A Home Run!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Palstar has knocked this one out of the park, great size and great sound. The fit and finish is impeccable more like a high end hi-fi speaker than a comms speaker. Excellent build quality and hardware.
The sound is excellent. I have been looking for a speaker for my K3, and this really fits the bill, big sound, low fatigue level.
Its size suits the K3, and I will likely be get another for two channel use.
A great speaker at a great price. Well done Palstar