Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | French Creek Production 800 Series tower climbing harness Help

Reviews Summary for French Creek Production 800 Series tower climbing harness
French Creek Production 800 Series tower climbing harness Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $100 - 300
Description: Full body climbing harness. Available in 7 sizes with various options.
More info: http://www.frenchcreekproduction.com/

You can write your own review of the French Creek Production 800 Series tower climbing harness .

W3VVV Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2012 17:45 Send this review to a friend
Sturdy and comfortable harness  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After using a just a plain climbing belt for many years and never feeling safe (and probably lucky that I'm still alive), I finally upgraded to a real climbing harness. The French Creek 800 series has numerous options and the belts are built to order. It took about three weeks for my belt to be delivered. (Note: They do not sell directly to end-users. You must order from a dealer.)

You'll also need a lanyard for positioning and a shock absorbing lanyard so that you can attach yourself to the tower for 100% fall protection. I ordered both of these items from French Creek when I ordered the harness.

As for the product itself, it is VERY sturdy. It weighs about 12 to 15 pounds with the lanyards, but when worn, it is so comfortable that it doesn't feel heavy at all.

Note that the sizes overlap as shown on the manufacturer's web site. I ordered a medium and it fits fine when the buckles are set the smallest positions, but a small would have also fit and it would weigh a bit less. So if can fit into either of two sizes (because of the overlap), it's probably better to order the smaller of the two.

In fairness, this is the only climbing harness that I've ever owned, so I can say that it's any better or worse than any other climbing harness. Of course, it meets OSHA and ANSI Z359 standards. Would I buy this product again? Yes, definitely, and I wish I had purchased it many years ago, as it would have made tower work much more comfortable.