Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | Cable Experts Custom Cable Help

Reviews Summary for Cable Experts Custom Cable
Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$25.5
Description: 50 ft Rg174 w/ BNCs

You can write your own review of the Cable Experts Custom Cable.

W9JN Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2017 14:12 Send this review to a friend
11 custon cables  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Greetings. I first saw Sam at Dayton 2016. I was impressed. My fire department purchased two tower runs upon my recommendation. They are perfect. Now I needed various lengths of cable with both type N and PL259 on the same line, some with double type N or double PL259's. These were to and from the various items in the shack. I called Sam, he told me they would be done on a certain date and shipped ASAP. Two days later they arrived. Each cable was EXACTLY PERFECT. I have improvements on both the 2 and 6 meter systems. Cable Experts are the real deal. Thanks and excellent communications too. 73 John W9JN

KC9MNE Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2017 14:44 Send this review to a friend
Custom mobile patch.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Found him at his new Woodstock Location.

Needed a new patch for an external hatch mount NMO on my escape wanted to go big or go home so when i called to see if they could do an LMR240 cable with a PL249 on one end and the NMO connector on the other Sam said they don't normally use NMO's but if I brought one in he would give it a whirl.. for $15 they built it and tested it for me Great Guy and it works very well. I will definitely be returning for future cable needs.

WA5KCP Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2014 09:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Products & Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over the past few years I have contacted Sam to order various types and lengths of coax and have always been pleased with the transaction. He has always taken excellent care of me - from the personal service to a quality product. Ordering more coax today and plan to order more in the near future as the next project unfolds!

KT0F Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2014 16:11 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service and products!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been dealing with Sam and Nicholas at Cable Experts for many years now. Recently ordered 554' of Cinta 400 in 8 different lengths. Bottom line..received the cable in 2 days, perfect as always. When you call these guys, they will go out of their way to make you happy. And that includes standing at the post office for rush orders in times past!! Every cable in the shack is Cable Experts and it works every time, without reservation. Easy to recommend these guys. Spoiled customers are yours forever!!
John
KT0F

N2PM Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2014 08:30 Send this review to a friend
Custom Cable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In the last few weeks I have been setting up a station after being off the air for several years. I ordered at least six or seven custom lengths of coax from the new owners of Cablexperts (took over in 2006). Great service, spent time on the phone with me so I ordered just the right items, fast shipping, high quality work, I'll never solder a PL259 again. Very nice people I highly recommend their product and them. N2PM

WA9PIJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2013 17:03 Send this review to a friend
Nice Stuff  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was in the need for several feed lines and needed quality cable and advice. I am NW of Chicago and found Sam at Cable Experts and was in my backyard -- so I went over for a visit. I looked at all of his spools and all of his coax cable is quality stuff. I saw no cheap imports, only Andrew, etc. He has three people working the bench soldering connectors. Great work, very precise and clean. Sam is very customer focused and I am very happy after spending $1,500 with him. It is a small family business with his son and he bought it a few years back. They do private label work and supply many of the larger ham shops that we all know so you might already be buying his stuff anyhow. I went into his shop wanting Heliax that would have cost me over $3,000. Sam sat down with me, I explained what I was doing and he saved me 50% just by using something that was Non-heliax. (My DB loss is minimal as wasn't worth the extra money I was willing to pay)I am happy they are so close to me.

K8SDK Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2012 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Good Custom Cable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The service and shipping were fine. I have not used it yet but crimps seem fine and it checked out OK on my SWR analyzer