Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | MFJ-1699 10 Band HF/VHF Mobile Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-1699 10 Band HF/VHF Mobile Antenna
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $$69.95
Description: Operate 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10 HF mobile and 6 and 2 Meters VHF with just one amazing antenna. Changing bands is super-easy -- just change the tap on the "wander-lead" to the next band you want to explore. Maximum height is 65"
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1699T

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1699 10 Band HF/VHF Mobile Antenna.

WM4RB Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2013 08:18 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My daughter Emily WE4MB purchased the MFJ-1699S antenna for my Fathers Day gift this year (2013) along with the MFJ-348S trunk mount. It came a few days before Fathers Day and she went ahead and gave it to me. I was amazed how quickly I was able to install it. Tuning was very easy. It works better than I expected. I had a signal report of 59 on 75 meters and the same on 40 meters. It receives really well. The antenna comes with good instructions. This antenna is well constructed and looks good too. For the price you can't beat it!

K9AQ Rating: 0/5 Oct 29, 2012 15:33 Send this review to a friend
New antenna misrepresented in MFJ Catalog  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I own several other MFJ mobile antennas, their "hamstick" clones and the short short mobile whips, and have been very satisifed with them. When MFJ introduced their new 1699, which based on the catalog ad apppeared to be an Outbacker "knock-off". The ad indicated that band changing was super-easy by changing the wander lead and it gave the antenna height as 65".

When I got the antenna I was very dissappointed to find that the antenna was only about 45 inches, and that you have to readjust the length of the top whip every time you want to change a band! The quality also leaves a lot to be desired. The Allen head set-screw that you have to readjust every time you change bands only lasted for the first band adjustment. It is very soft steel and I had to replace it. The bandwidth is also very limited after you get it adjusted. Save you money and buy a Hamstick for each band you want to operate, it will cost less and you can change bands faster! I have requested my money back from MFJ.