Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | MFJ-9201 QRPocket Tuner Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-9201 QRPocket Tuner
MFJ-9201 QRPocket Tuner Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: Custom 12 position inductor switch, tune/bypass switch, antenna and transmitter capacitors, BNC feedpoints for antenna and transmitter connections. Size is 4" x 2.625" x 1.5".
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-9201

You can write your own review of the MFJ-9201 QRPocket Tuner.

VE3IPS Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2017 14:37 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
Its a nice and small qrp tuner for the field operator. It seems to tune up any wire i throw at it very easily. It makes a nice addition to its brother the qrp loop tuner.

I also use it for SWL reception and it works well.

I also wish the bnc jacks were on the top side panel as the cables are always in the way of the controls.

Its a simple C-L-C configuration that allows better matching than the simple LC tuner.

Another good product from Mr. Jue. Look up his interviews on Youtube for a refreshing view of his business.

K2GK Rating: 4/5 Aug 23, 2017 07:52 Send this review to a friend
You get what you pay for  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very light weight. Made to compete with those Zmtech tuners I guess.
If I had Martin's ear I would suggest moving the BNC connectors to the case instead of the main board. It is horrible to have your cables in front of the controls and constantly knocking the tuner off the table because it is so light and unbalanced.
Other than that... I like all the Pocket devices, 9201, 9213 and love the 9232 pocket loop tuner. That's the best.
Enjoy your QRP de k2gk

K9TYR Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2017 09:12 Send this review to a friend
Very Compact and Solid  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Never a problem tuning low reflected power. The tuner looks and feels rugged, it tunes the radio/antenna system, and it's economical. Nothing more I could ask for so I'm quite happy. I do use a portable SWR meter with it for quicker tuning and am always able to get almost zero reflected power.

ZL1BAK Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2016 21:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for QRP  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wow what a great little qrp tuner, i use it with my ft817nd and g5rv antenna it really works well and is simple to use. Well done MFJ its a winner.

N3KCM Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2015 06:48 Send this review to a friend
Great little tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this tuner for more a year now and i think its great. Its been used with my ft817nd, but primarily with my ft897d portable. I think it was originally advertised as a 100 watt capable tuner, but in most conditions it isn't. I see it is listed as a 25 watt tuner now, and that is spot on. Its tiny, and comes with detailed tuning instructions that too many people don't follow. Please download the manual to see the correct way to use a manual tuner. It is touchy at times, but that is good information and tells you to change your inductance by one or two, just like a bigger tuner. Follow the instructions... Better yet, laminate the instructions and tape it to the bottom of the tuner for an occasional reminder. Its well built, except for the occasional paint flaw. Tuning my fan dipole and my portable dipole has not been an issue. I have a mfj-904 and it works equally as good. Nice thing about this tuner is it fits anywhere!

KK1VT Rating: 4/5 Nov 4, 2012 07:19 Send this review to a friend
Nice QRP ATU  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been using this ATU for the last four months with an FT-817 and a 265 ft center fed dipole up about 50 ft. As the 9201 does not include an internal balun I put together a small 4:1 in a mini-box. This setup tunes 160 to 6 meters at less than 1.5:1. I have not been able to use it afield yet so I cannot report on it's performance with other antennas. Because of this I have given it a 4. I have always been very satisfied with all the MFJ products I have used, and the 9201 QRPocket Tuner is no exception. I have built a couple of homebrew QRP ATUs but the cost of materials and my labor exceeded the cost of this tuner. If you're looking for a QRP ATU I suggest you give the 9201 a try.

73, KK1VT