Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | DX Engineering DXE-213 Coax Cable Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering DXE-213 Coax Cable
DX Engineering DXE-213 Coax Cable Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $.89 per foot
Description: DX Engineering RG-213/U is a low-loss, 50 ohm, MIL-spec bulk coaxial cable with a non-contaminating Type II PVC jacket. Specially manufactured for DX Engineering, RG-213/U cable is perfect for outdoor use due to its excellent UV resistance and durability in direct-bury applications. Specially suited for high- power amateur stations, RG-213/U provides a lower loss solution for long cable runs at any power level. Featuring a solid polyethylene dielectric, DX Engineering RG-213/U uses standard PL-259 and N connectors normally designed for RG-8 sized cables
More info: http://www.dxengineering.com/search/product-line/dx-engineering-rg-213-u-50-ohm-bulk-coaxial-cable?autoview=SKU&keyword=dxe-213u

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering DXE-213 Coax Cable.

N4DCD Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2017 09:46 Send this review to a friend
Great cable!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As for the 3 rating that was given below, you need to heat the dielectric a little to make it easy to remove. Even without doing that, I had no problem doing the stripping. Great cable for the price and direct bury as well.

K8RBW Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2016 14:23 Send this review to a friend
As good as it gets!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I recently had a direct lightning strike on my ZeroFive 30 foot flagpole. The unun at the base of the antenna was totally destroyed with its case nowhere to be found and only the ferrite core and a few strands of wire remaining. The circuit breakers in the house were melted and welded to the box with scorch marks around the house. By way of contrast,the DX Engineering 213 cable was in stellar condition. Enough said!

NX7U Rating: 3/5 May 21, 2015 04:04 Send this review to a friend
Some annoying quirks  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Good:
- Soft jacket, easy to cut but not wimpy. Easy to remove by pulling after scoring the circumference.
- Good flexibility
- Braid coverage seems good (by eye, not measurement)
Annoying:
- Dielectric is quite hard, difficult to cut
- Dielectric adhesion to the center conductor is way too high. Having cut through the dielectric (a chore by itself), pulling the dielectric plug off the center conductor results in pulling the innards (briad/dielectric/center) out from the jacket, essentially elongating the cable. Now all your carefully measured trim lengths are off.

I have always made my own cables from bulk and by hand. This cable appears to be of very good quality material, but the pain-in-the-rear factor is too high for me. I will likely get my next bulk cable elsewhere.

WD4KTF Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2014 06:03 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Coax  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this to replace my current feedline, DXE-213 coax is easy to work with, can be directed buried and fills my need at great price.

I purchased a 100 ft of DXE-213 to feed my Vertical antenna. It has greatly improved my match to the Vertical and this past weekend during CQWWSSB, I easily worked 57 countries in 4 hours time with a 100W transceiver. I am pleased and look forward to putting up another antenna using DXE coax.

WB6FHN Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2013 11:37 Send this review to a friend
really helpful  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
As a recent stroke patient I find it very difficult to any longer construct my own coax cables. DXEng to the rescue with their ready made cable assemblies. Nothing but high quality materials and free shipping as a bonus. What more could you ask for??

N0IRM Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2012 06:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product at Great Price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Several months ago I decided to try some of the DX Engineering DXE 213 coax cable for my HF antenna applications. I started with some of the smaller runs to see if was happy with the cable. I was worried it may have been a cheaper cable with another name printed on it. When the first run of cable arrived I was impressed, everything about the cable seemed to be of VERY GOOD quality. High quality direct burial jacket, very good looking shielding along with nice center conductor and high quality dielectric. I have since replaced all of my runs of coax cable with the DXE-213 and have no complaints what so ever. Along with the quality you also get a great price along with free shipping. Anytime I have dealt with DX Engineering I have always been very happy with their customer service. I have always felt the people who I have dealt with were more than friendly and helpful and not only were sales people but were knowledgeable ops who are on the air regularly and were happy to have your business.