Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Alberto Frattini Lamellare Iambic Blade Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for Alberto Frattini Lamellare Iambic Blade Paddle
Alberto Frattini Lamellare  Iambic Blade Paddle Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $475
Description: The Alberto Frattini "Lamellare" is an iambic blade key constructed of chromed brass for the body and massive silver for the contacts. Construction details include highly polished inox steel for screws and registers. The dimensions are 100x80x20mm (about 4"x3"x3/4"). Weight about 1,50 kgs (about 3.5 lbs.)

More info: http://www.i1qod.it/prima.htm

You can write your own review of the Alberto Frattini Lamellare Iambic Blade Paddle.

WB2LQF Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2012 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Exquisite finish and snappy action  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my first Alberto Frattini paddle, although I do own two of his bugs and one straight key. It came in the usual manner for a Frattini product - overpacked and sealed so thoroughly I had to resort to careful use of a razor knife to open it. The first glance at a newly arrived quality key is always a special time and this was no different. The carefully cut and fitted styrofoam revealed an exquisitely beautiful paddle - highly polished to a mirror finish right down to the smallest detail and gorgeous transparent red fingerpieces with just the nicest feel to them. I am not an iambic operator so I cannot evaluate the paddle for that use. Someone else will have to do that. But for an aggressive "slapper" like me, this paddle performs with consistently positive accuracy and a high level of comfort during long sessions (I am a ragchewer). I use wider spacing so yes, it does make some noise for sure! But since I always use a headset it is not a factor for me. Adjustment of the magnetic repulsion is easy, precise and it stays where I put it. I own an original N2DAN Mercury paddle and the Lamellare feels very much the same for my style of "whacking." The Lamellare does *not* feel like the three Begali paddles I have; it's got it's "own" feel. It's a different product. I like it very much and I'd certainly recommend it to anyone who appreciates beauty, craftsmanship, and superior performance. I waited between 4 and 5 months for delivery and it was worth the wait.