Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | MFJ-4115 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-4115
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 3.6/5 MSRP: $$59.95
Description: Mini Switching Power Supply
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com

You can write your own review of the MFJ-4115.

K1TWH Rating: 3/5 May 12, 2013 15:55 Send this review to a friend
HF Hash, Small & Small Price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had to dampen the fan with series resistance to lessen its racket, and also place ferrite chokes , extra grounds and bypass capacitors inside. After mods its still only a 4/5 because I can still hear switching noises from this supply, they are weaker, but with low signal strengths, they can be annoying from 160M through 15M. It is low in price and it is functional. Probably a nice VHF/UHF supply. WB1FPA - Tom

KA9ZIM Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2013 14:35 Send this review to a friend
Great power supply for the money  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased this power supply to power a 45W VHF radio. It does a great job. The fan is pretty quiet.

K4FMH Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2013 12:01 Send this review to a friend
Super!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked this up at the Huntsville, AL Hamfest on an impulse. I'd just bought a Yaesu FT-1500M, the very small 2M transceiver. Thought I'd put it in my go-bag which has a battery pack but it's always good to have an AC-based PS in case of generators that only output AC.

The thing just sits there and puts out the power! I can hear the fan IF I put my ear up close to the back of the PS. But, it's the kind of whirring that I go to sleep to under a ceiling fan: barely noticeable. Great purchase and the small size is appreciated in my go-bag.

AA2DK Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2013 04:35 Send this review to a friend
Nice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Small, lightweight supply, WHISPER QUIET fan, well regulated, no RF hash. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat....

KA0ZIS Rating: 0/5 Nov 13, 2012 14:11 Send this review to a friend
mfj-4115 DON'T BUY!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Gone through several of these under warranty due to the fan being LOUD!! Don't even bother purchasing one, not worth the time.