Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Balun Designs 1171 1:1 Tuner Balun Help

Reviews Summary for Balun Designs 1171 1:1 Tuner Balun
Balun Designs 1171 1:1 Tuner Balun Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Apprx $80 each
Description: 1:1 ATU Current Balun 1 - 54 MHz 5kW - #1171

Unique design for multiband dipoles and loops using open feedline.
More info: http://www.balundesigns.com

You can write your own review of the Balun Designs 1171 1:1 Tuner Balun .

WB5HAK Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2016 19:45 Send this review to a friend
Best baluns, great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Balun Designs model 1171 works fantastically for me at full legal limit on a flat top dipole fed with 300 ohm ladder line. Tunes anywhere I need with my ATR-30 tuner and does it with MUCH lower noise than without the balun. I don't know how he achieves this, but other friends trying the same balun report lower noise than before. I've ordered his 75 - 50 ohm balun today to replace the 20 year old KLM balun on my rotatable dipole. I have NO doubt it will fix my impedance problems there as well. Buy from balun designs with confidence. He knows baluns WELL.
Don, WB5HAK

K2VI Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2016 15:44 Send this review to a friend
Best balun made  Time owned: more than 12 months
Look at the reviews. I build antennas and this by far exceeds all baluns made. I utilized at least a dozen of these and can not smoke them if I tried. The only balun that can compete is a centaur and they are out of business. I highly recommend this balun. The 5KW balun is virtually bulletproof.

WI5O Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2015 17:10 Send this review to a friend
Balun Designs -1171T 1:1 Tuner Balun  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mr. Rumsey knows baluns and produces exceptional quality. I bought this 1171T (Tuner) balun to use with a multiband flat top dipole being fed by 450 ohm ladder line. It works great! The product is well built American top quality. In addition to being an excellent balun, the owner, Mr. Rumsey is an absolutely delight to work with. He delivers top knotch customer service and then some. The turn around time is fast and delivery is fast. You really can't expect more from a business.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2014 06:13 Send this review to a friend
Works for me!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Am a G5RV kinda guy for one reason, not much room for antennas Have used built and played with lots of them
the last one I built used used Nr 12 AWG wire and Nr14 450 ohm ladder line cut to where the lowest SWR was where I do most of my talking on 75m and a Balun Design 1171 1 to1 Tuner Balun where the 450 LL connects to the coax. For my application this setup has worked best yet, I use Balun Design balun for 2 reasons first they work Big Signal and Low Noise, second the owner Bob the guy has helped me many times, Bob knows his balun's..
Thank's Bob, a HAMs Ham.............kb6hrt

KY4TS Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2014 15:29 Send this review to a friend
Great craftmanship  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very well built and durable. Much better than I could have done! No saturation problems and my tuner loves it.

G6EGM Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2012 10:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a great addition to my T Match Tuner and has made a significant difference to the stability of my Antenna and improved the way it radiates. I couldn't be more pleased. It also adds really good noise suppression enabling weak signals to be heard much more clearly.

This is a very well made product and the designer is very good to deal with giving excellent customer service.

I feel that I have made a very worthwhile investment with this balun and recommend this product very highly.