Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Ultimax DXtreme Help

Reviews Summary for Ultimax DXtreme
Ultimax DXtreme Reviews: 21 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $85.00
Description: The ULTIMAX DXTREME end-fed antenna covering 1.0 to 54 MHZ and is rated at 2KW (SSB). The antenna comes with the choice of a wire radiator length ranging from 33' up to 124', allowing homeowners with more space the ability of improved performance while offering those with limited space an antenna which will cover all of the amateur HF spectrum.
More info: http://www.ultimax-antennas.com

You can write your own review of the Ultimax DXtreme.

W4PF Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2017 03:28 Send this review to a friend
Works very well; I have the UltiMax DX Extreme 124' version.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I put this antenna up in an inverted "L' configuration with line isolators at both ends; it is 21' up vertically, and and 103' out horizontal to a tree. I do have several radials hooked-up to the antenna along with the use of a ground rod. It is most likely not the optimum configuration, but I consistently get good signal reports; please note I only use this antenna for 160, 80, 40, & 30 meters. I have a Hex beam for the other bands.

WD8LIC Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2017 05:07 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have limited real estate to work with and a not so antenna friendly spouse who finally agreed to a 1 wire antenna. Needed to work all hf bands 160-10. Tall order!

Bought this and mounted it in an inverted L configuration. Total 24 ft up and 100ft horizontal sloping downward. Connected the ground lug to 6 radials in grass. Works very well. Very satisfied. Recommended it to a buddy with even less space. He bought the 83 ft one. He works 80-10 well!

Definately a good buy!

WW8X Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2017 08:41 Send this review to a friend
Convinced a skeptic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm a skeptic by nature. I thought: how can a 53' piece of end-fed wire work as a decent antenna? Well, it does. The SWR readings are under 3:1 on 10, 12, 15, 17, 20, 30, 40 and 80 meters and very tunable to 1:1 with the rig's built-in tuner or an external tuner. I've not tried 160 meters as I don't have a tuner for that band. But, heck... it's a 53' piece of wire! The antenna is well-built and customer service is excellent. Questions answered quickly and fully. I only wish I had room for the longer versions of this antenna, but my city lot is just too small.

N4DJT Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2016 12:40 Send this review to a friend
keep one in your arsenal  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had the Ultimax DXtreme (53ft version) for over 2 years and it just works.
I use it on 20,40,75 mostly. never had trouble working any station I could hear.
Even at low heights. also makes a great field day/portable antenna.
Well built and can take a beating.

WD8LIC Rating: 4/5 Nov 7, 2016 04:22 Send this review to a friend
Very good!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had the Ultimax 100. Worked fine, but noisy. Talked to Albert. Suggested the DXtreme model. Longer and grounded. What a difference. Mine is set up in an inverted L sloper. 100 watts. 160-10 m no problem. I even run my 2 m rig thru it. No problem. Definitely a winer.

W0DOT Rating: 2/5 Jun 2, 2016 22:27 Send this review to a friend
Didn't work for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Spent a lot of time trying to get decent SWR's but never could. This antenna apparently needs to be much higher than fifteen feet off the ground. I did talk to Albert several times and even sent the antenna back for him to check. I did appreciate his input and willingness to help but in the long run it just wouldn't work for me. Maybe later I can invest in some fiberglass poles and try again but for now I've taken it down and going to go back to a vertical.

KG4MBP Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2016 16:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Product and Support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am inexperienced and relatively new to the hobby. I received my Ultimax DXtreme 88' antenna on April 29, 2016 after Albert promptly answered some questions I had the same day I sent my email, before I made my purchase. After installation, my SWR readings were off the scale on all bands except 20 meters. I sent the company an email with installation pictures and I asked for assistance. Albert called me promptly and he was extremely helpful. He corrected my installation mistakes, and my SWR readings were then AWESOME: 1.1 (10M), 1.1 (20M), 1.8 (40M), and 1.0 (80M). A friend recommended this antenna to me and it really works. The antenna wire is all but invisible, easy to install, and EXtremely efficient if installed properly. The Ultimax DXtreme is a great product, backed by excellent customer support. I highly recommend it.

N1MLO Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2016 19:01 Send this review to a friend
Works great for me.....  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm not an engineer, I'm a casual ham with limited resources. I run an Icom 7200 with an LDG tuner. I use two DXtreme's up into a pine and a beechnut tree. They are grounded with copper rods. For reasons I can't explain the beechnut tree is quieter :) . The wire is all but invisible. The components are high quality.

Using the tuner I have made contacts from 160 through 6 meters, over 100 countries, but still waiting for Antarctica.

I spoke with the owner, Albert, a few times. He went above and beyond to explain things to me in a friendly manner. For about a hundred bucks you can't go wrong.

KG4UHV Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2015 14:02 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my second review on this antenna. I bought the extreme 33' from Albert couple weeks ago The antenna is working great with my FT450D today I contacted Brazil and Venezuela from Miami FL with good signal reports despite the wretched conditions. Thank You again Albert 73.

De KG4UHV

WD4AB Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2015 06:20 Send this review to a friend
Awesome performance for the money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the 53 ft Ultimax DXREME after seeing the performance from the smaller Ultimax 100 that I installed at a fellow hams QTH. I hung my antenna in a sloper configuration with the aerial sloping upward to about 25ft from the shack. SWR was 3.0 or better on all bands from the 6 meter FM portion to 160 meters, easily tunable with my transceiver's internal tuner. Even at 25 ft the performance exceeded my expectations. Everyone I heard on any band I could easily work with excellent receive as well as signal reports. I am impressed. I will recommend this product to all my friends.