Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Bushcomm BBA 1kDE Help

Reviews Summary for Bushcomm BBA 1kDE
Bushcomm BBA 1kDE Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Call For Price
Description: The model BBA 1kDE is an all band (160 meter to 10 meter) dipole with power capability of 1KW continous. VSWR is no more than 2:1 across all bands.
More info: http://www.bushcomm-online.com/

You can write your own review of the Bushcomm BBA 1kDE.

VK3TEX Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2013 19:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Excellent product designed to last.Works as
Advertised. I have the shorter BBA-1kd but
Is essentially same as 1kde but does 3.6 to
30Mhz. SWR 80= 1.5:1 40=<2:1 30=1.5:1 20
= <1.5:1 17=<1.5:1 12=<1.5:110=2:1.
Different locations may vary but I only have
The minimum height at 10 meters
in inverted v fashion. Ends at 8 feet .
Good small room antenna which will take
Plenty of power. Might seem a bit pricey
But it's made of quality components made
To last. I think this is the ultimate small space
Multiband Wire antenna. LOT quieter than a vertical too.
I run amp with plenty of power into it no
Problems. Excellent customer service too
From Bushcomm as they forgot to send a
Required Balun jumper wire but I emailed
Them and they offered to send the part out
But I made my own in about 10 minutes.
You put the antenna up and off you go.
No adjustments, just operate. This gets a solid
5/5 from me!
Les, VK3TEX.

K6KAR Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2012 11:12 Send this review to a friend
All band 160 through 10 meters very low VSWR. Excellant  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I recently installed the Bushcomm BBA-1kDE dipole all band (160M to 10M) antenna in an inverted V configuration. I had some problem with this configuration because of one BALUN wire being a little short. I emailed Bushcomm and they were very quick to not only respond but airmailed the proper length wire. This dipole performs extremely well. The VSWR, as advertised, is no more than 2:1 on 160 meters and 10 meters but ranges about 1.5:1 an all other bands. This is a very high end manufactured all stainless steel antenna with large glass insulators. It weighs about 30 pounds. You may be asking at this point, “How does it perform?” It performs wonderfully well. The first contact I had on 160 meters was a station in the state of Washington who gave me a 599 report. By the way, I live in North West Florida. I also use it regularly on 75 meters and consistently receive very good reports. I use the digital mode PC-ALC which scans all programmed bands. Jumping from one band to the next with little VSWR and knowing that my signal is getting out, makes this antenna a great choice. The BBA-1kDE is popularly used by not only military organizations, MARS, FEMA but embassies worldwide. I may be the only radio amateur in the US that is using one. If there are others, I sure would like to hear from you.